CHAPTER 95

Owen was in a state of panic and tried to approach Lia.

"My Lady, that's..."

"These are the letters I've sent to Louver during the war... But, why are these here? Don't tell me... Did the Grand Duke blocked it? Is this why none of my letters were delivered to Louver?"

"No! It's not what you think, my Lady. His Grace was also troubled when he received this. Please believe me."

"Then why didn't he tell me? Why did...!"

Lia shouted in contemplation. Then she sat down on the floor and took out the letters from the box, one by one.

It was all of the letters that she sent. All of the hundred letters.

Some have already burned into ashes, but there were more left. Lia tightly closed her eyes in despair.

"Canillia."

Hearing Claude's voice, Lia opened her eyes in an instant.

Dressed up in a clean lounge suit tailored perfectly to his body, Claude was looking at her with coldness in his eyes.

"Please explain it, Your Grace. You knew. This letter... You know how much I worked on it."

"Lia, get up."

Walking towards her, Claude tried to hold Canillia and raise her up.

"Don't touch me!"

Lia sharply refused and waved off his hand. She got up herself, trying to catch up to her trembling breath.

Claude stood in front of her with desperation evident in his eyes.

"Back then, everything that will be delivered to Louver was being censored. That's why Rosina kept your letters aside. For your safety... there's no other choice."

"Then you should have told me. You knew that I was writing letters, shouldn't you just told me to stop? I didn't even have an idea about that...!"

Lia waited for a reply every single day, and cried her eyes out while hugging the letters that were returned.

She couldn't say a word anymore. How should this emotion within her be define as?

Anger? Disappointment? Frustration? Annoyed? Spiteful...?

If she wants to understand, then she can do quite enough.

At that time, there was a war going on, and Louver became a literally dangerous area. So it was expected that the letters would not be fully delivered.

However, Lia has no idea that she was deliberately separated from her mother.

'If... even one of my letter had been delivered to my mom, I wouldn't have entered Louver through Sharon's boutique, and Claude wouldn't have shot the woman.'

Above all, her mother may not have to be sent to Gaior.

"Rosina wanted to give it back to you. But I couldn't..."

Claude's voice was muffled, as if it was submerged in water.

"But how you can just burn it? If you're going to burn it like this... Will it be something that didn't happen?"

With her eyes wide open, Lia took a step closer to Claude.

Her eyes were shaking and it looks like she was about to cry. However, Canillia clenched her fist and endured everything that came up.

"My Lady, I did that on my own volition. I was disheartened to see the Master struggling with the letters, so I tried to burn it."

As he was just watching at the side, Owen suddenly knelt down.