CHAPTER 47

Late at night, several carriages run up loudly over the road with torches and oil lamps installed. A vibration that was huge enough to ring the ground is heading to the Imperial Palace, and fear came to the eyes of those who discovered the carriage.

A crest of two families on the carriage made of black wood. The carriage with the crests of the Ihar family and the Vale family stopped in front of the Main Palace where the Emperor resides.

The excited horses toss and turn roughly.

Even before the attendants moved, Gillard Vale and Maximilian del Ihar got off the carriages.

Upon hearing the news, the Emperor ran out personally in front of the two men, who are both exhausted due to their long journey.

"Lords!"

The Emperor spread his arms and greets the two men with a hug, and patted them on their shoulders.

"It's good to see you, Your Majesty."

"You both had a hard time coming such a long way."

Just the appearance of the two gentlemen made it feel like the empty
Imperial Palace was filled.

The Duke and the Marquis enter the Great Hall with the hospitality of the Emperor and some aristocrats. After them are the soldiers, carrying huge chests as they follow.

The heavy footsteps echoes in the hallway.

The servants closed all the windows in the Great Hall, called the Room of Mirrors.

Then they closed the curtain so that no one could look from the outside, and stepped away.

The gazes of the nobles, shuddering in wonder, have fallen to the chest brought by Duke Ihar. With greed and curiosity, the nobles breathing became harsh.

Looking around them, the Emperor tilted his chin and then the guards with spears sent even the nobles out of the hall.

"How quick of you to notice. As expected, gold and diamonds seem to have a unique scent."

The Emperor takes his time to walk around the table where the chests were placed.

"Open it."

Marqui Gillard, who received the gaze, takes out a dagger and pulls out the nail that was firmly embedded, then the chest had opened. It was an unprocessed diamonds that came out of the cracked open chest.

"Good gracious, this... It's worth having your eyes in Gaior."

Caressing the diamonds with his trembling hands, the Emperor deeply admires it. A mine covered with such high purity diamonds.

The King of Segio's appearance, who's causing the match, is notable.

"Did you find out who owns the neutral area?"

The Emperor stared at the diamonds while sitting on a chair.

The fatigue is evident in Duke Maximilian's face over a glass of alcohol brought by a servant.

"I haven't figured it out yet. However, it must be one of the Royal families. It's a scale of land that an ordinary noble can't have."

"Royal family... Right. Marquis Vale."

Gillard was polite to the low call. The Emperor narrowed his eyes.

"I heard that your son had brought a guest from Gaior. Where is the guest?"

It was a question being asked despite him knowing the everything. However, Ian Sergio was Kieran's guest, and the Marquis didn't know his whereabouts.

"If you want to have a meeting with Prince Ian Sergio, I'll arrange a meeting on the day of the engagement."