CHAPTER 50

Fireworks lightens the black sky with a loud noise.

There are smiles on the faces of the audience that were waiting for it, as it's called the flower of the party.

Exclamations from amazement echoes both inside and outside the Imperial Palace.

It's truly a spectacular sight that one can't just see at any time, but Marilyn couldn't appreciate it.

This is because the Young Duke that was in her sight a little while ago, has disappeared once again.

Even though he was late for the ceremony, the Young Duke escorted her. With a sweet look on his face that is rare.

The horror that she had experienced at the library somehow dissipated the moment she saw how seemingly pleasant his appearance is.

However, Claude disappeared once again without a word.

Marilyn glanced around with a sharp gaze at the irritability and stress that
enveloped her whole body.

So far, Claude has never given such trouble to people in this way. He always stood by her side, and so is she. Even his dignified and his unwearied coldness came to Marilyn as a charm.

Because he's an Ihar.

It appears to be like a virtue that a Master of Ihar should have.

'But he was changing. Or it's just my judgement that's wrong? Was it perhaps because he had another woman in mind that he's so cold to me?',

Marilyn contemplates.

But Marilyn shook her head to erase the image of Claude's back from the library.

For nobles, government is a necessary evil.

Having a government was an unscrupulous act, but it was also a way to prove one's power and charisma.

Therefore, she didn't want any affection or support from Claude, who would be her husband. He's more attractive than anyone else.

Not only did she not think of other women letting such a man go, she doesn't care which woman he would embrace or be lustful to.

All she ever wanted is for Claude to being hers. She could be satisfied with not allowing anyone to dare cross the role of the Duchess.

She rationalized that it was the same price to have the man that seems out of her reach.

But if he gives his heart to another woman....?

"Father, I want to see the Duke with you and mother."

Marilyn appeared brie[y. Then she called the Duke's servant that had just returned from their sleeping quarters.

Arriving from the North early in the morning, the Duchess was dressed in a gorgeous gown, but her face was smeared with anxiety and concern.

Worried about his younger sister's health, the Emperor took action, and the Duchess unloaded her luggages in the Imperial Palace, instead of a townhouse.

Soon after, the nobles greeted the Duchess in turn. And then, it was the Marquis Selby's turn.

"I'll keep in touch with you."

"By the way, do you know where the Young Duke is?"

"He likes to move around by himself... I'm sorry, Young Lady."

Shortly after that, the servant bowed her head and began to prepare the food at a pace.

Marilyn narrowed her eyes as she saw the fruits, desserts, and various meat dishes on the tray.