CHAPTER 98

Lia sat in front of the fireplace and opened each letter from the box that Claude had left behind.

She felt like rummaging through a diary that she had written a long time ago.

After reading the awkwardly written sentences, she threw the letter into the fireplace without having second thoughts.

Small embers burn one after another.

Those that became ashes in an instant were just lingering regrets that thrown into the flames.

Pipi was just doing embroidery in the corner and carefully observing Lia's expression.

However, the lady didn't look depressed.

She would often bite her lips to control her emotions, but she didn't seem to be sad.

Canillia calmly reads the letter and burned more than half of it.

And after a while, she straightened her back.

"Shall I bring you a juice?"

"Yes, please"

Pipi put down the embroidery frame and asked.

"Are you all right, my Lady?"

"Yes. I was sad when it wasn't in my hands... But as I open it one by one, I realized that it wasn't that big of a deal. Really, it wasn't that much."

Pipi stood up and quietly hugged Lia, she comfort her as if she was muttering to herself.

Lia gently patted Pipi's hand, who seems to care about it than her.

Through the open window, the laughter of the ladies can be heard.

Pipi sighed before speaking.

"There's a cage-shaped greenhouse that is made out of glass in the garden. It was newly constructed last summer, and there are a lot of precious looking flowers in it. I think everyone's there."

"Oh... Is that so?"

She thought that it may perhaps be the greenhouse where she went with
Claude the night before.

Lia couldn't remember any scenery from the beautiful greenhouse.

All that she remembers was the desperate look on Claude's face, looking down at her, and the kiss they've shared that was filled with longing. As well as when she pushed him away in surprise because of his hand entering her dress.

The light from the fireplace may be the reason why Lia patted her flushed cheeks and began to read the letters once again.

"Regardless, Madam Ihar was looking for you. I think they were going on a picnic today."

"Really? Then I better hurry up. Why didn't you tell me sooner?"

Lia's eyes fluttered with excitement.

Seeing the urgency of the matter, Pipi
frowned and turned the doorknob.

"I was told that you weren't able to sleep, and to let you take some rest. You don't really have to come out, just stay still and have enough rest because you didn't look quite well yesterday."

"But still, I need to go..."

"All right, maybe just show your face for a moment. I think it'll be good if the picnic is about to end."

Pipi said nothing more and left the room. However, Lia's not feeling at ease.

She threw the letter that she had written to her mom into the fireplace more quickly. The more she threw it one by one, the more she felt like the past was holding her back.