CHAPTER 94

The Baron looked alternately at Claude and Canillia, and became open.

His attitude turned a 180 degree, different from the previous one, and the Baron couldn't look Canillia in the eye.

Claude took the hairpin that the Baron has been holding, and returned it to Canillia.

"They said you went to the convent, so I came to pick you up. But you came to this place without a word."

"I have some time left..."

Lia was embarrassed, like she had been caught doing something bad.

Claude tucked a few strands of her flowing hair behind the ear and glanced at Ivan, who was standing from a distance.

"I have something to say to Baron Paillot, so go and get in the car first."

"Your Grace."

"Don't worry. It's impossible to ask for a test. I'll just check if there's a problem with the application."

Canillia just gave a suspicious look at Claude before turning to Ivan.

But it wasn't a situation that she could be stubborn.

Besides, she was humiliated.

Perhaps that's the reason why her steps were as heavy as her heart.

This time, Lia tried to do something without Claude's help. She wanted to surprise him by secretly challenging the level 1 test.

Moreover, Lia thought that it would be helpful for his reputation if she was granted an honorary title of a noble.

However, nothing went the way she thought it would, this time as well.

Canillia was sitting in the car and stared at her hands, crumpling the hem of her pants.

Although it was made for women, the ones who wear pants were the lower working class. And the only time a noble lady would wear pants is when they're riding a horse.

It was natural to be suspected because she offered a sapphire that was too precious in this place.

Her fingers trembled as she touches the hairpin that Claude gave back to her.

Lia's cheeks flushed red with the embarrassment that came rather late.

Then, hearing the buzzing noise, people gathered in the Grand Duke's car that was parked in front of the Baron's building.

Everyone seems to be curious.

The escorts were blocking them, but as Claude appeared, the locals cheered for the ruler of Del Casa.

Canillia was stunned as she turned her head at the loud cheers. Claude was seen walking out of the Baron's building.

Although he was wearing a hat, his clear features and stature were revealed under the shade. The blue eyes just increase his presence.

Claude nods to the citizen as they continue the cheers, and got into the car.

The curtains were then immediately closed.

"The Baron asked you to forgive his manners."

Claude said as he took off his hat.

The car starts to move. The curtains were closed so she couldn't see the outside, but the huge crowd surrounded the car.

"It was natural for the Baron to suspect. I handed out a precious jewel looking like this..."

"What's the matter with the way you look? The Baron didn't actually confirm the facts and called hastily."