CHAPTER 55

Pipi clicked her tongue and patted Lia on the back.

"You really have no idea? He was there for a long time."

"Why?"

"It was also the Duke who told me that you're sick, My Lady. I was in the
market for a while."

Lia touched her forehead with a confused look. It was when her fever rose up and she was drowsy because of the medicine.

But she didn't know that he came back while she's sleeping...

Lia clutched her thin pajama. Pipi then stood up and cover her shoulder with a blanket.

"Even in summer, the air can be cold due to the rain. Why? Are you worried? You're thinking if you got caught?"

She pulled closer the blanket that Pipi gave and slowly looked up as she quietly listens.

"Wasn't he strange?"

"Well, not at all. He has been just as intimidating as usual. He told me to
take good care of my Master. He seemed to be really worried."

Lia burst into laughter hearing how serious Pipi is as she told how intimidating the man as usual.

At the same time, however, the sadness that she had forgotten came along.

"No. I don't think it's because of me."

"Why? Huh?"

"The Duke doesn't like me."

Lia struggled to get up. She was confused if her fever is rising again. Pipi stood up after Lia and carefully assist her.

"Pipi, will there really be a war?"

"The former Grand Duke has passed away. The people of the North have already risen up with their weapons ready. He was a ruler envied by many... It is said that they're preparing for a splendid funeral that is incomparable to the capital."

"Then, the Duke is going, right?"

"I don't know. But I think he won't go along with the nobles and officers...?"

Lia nodded. Then she went back to her room and lay down in bed.

'Where was he sitting? Was he sitting on a chair and looking at me?'

'Why does he have to do that? He even said a lot of mean things...'

At first glance, Lia stroked the sheet that has a lavender scent left on it. Then quickly rose up when she felt something underneath.

Rolling up the thin sheet, she found a small brooch about the size of two fingers. A brooch with a very familiar emblem. It was a Clematis of the Duke Ihar.

Lia placed it in her palm.

'Did he drop it by mistake?'

However, the brooch was too important to just accidentally drop and forget about. It seemed to mean that he could come back, so Lia wrapped it in a cloth and put it in a drawer.

She doesn't know when he'll be back, but it's something that she has to return eventually. If she won't have a chance, then she could ask Kieran.

She stared down at it, wrapped in a black cloth, with a sad look on her eyes. Then she took it out again and feel the surface with her fingers.

The brooch, which had always been pinned to his collar, has traces that can be seen in a worn-out pin.

Lia tried to look at it in the lantern lights.