CHAPTER 76

Lia went back to the dusty and dark passage. And again, the darkness of the unknown end greeted her.

The scene that Carl showed Lia a while ago resembled her childhood memories when she was in Louver. Even if she doesn't have anything, or being sick from the piercing wind, all she has back then was happy memories.

Her mother had walked constantly in search of her.

However, Louver was the only one that accepted her mother in the end.

She wonders why her mom didn't find her all the way to Cosoar.

But Lia thought otherwise. That her mother would have visited the Marquis
in Cosoar over and over again.

Then it only means that someone must've sent her mother back.

Who would it be?

Was it the Marchioness? The guards?

Perhaps Lia became a hostage that made her mother go back to Louver.

Lia was puzzled and still thinking with her tangled thoughts.

Those thoughts that made her tripped down to the ground.

She holds her ankle that has wounded.

As she continued to be locked in her thoughts, she felt ashamed and stupid to all of her actions and the life she has so far.

Lia wasn't active in life, and believed that happiness would come if she just quietly disappeared like Anastasia had suggested.

No. She instilled it to herself that it would be that simple.

Did Lia really believe that she could meet her mother again?

Was she that obsessed about finding her mother that she's not afraid of the
moment that they'll finally meet?

Wasn't she a bit happy when she was living in that dreamlike world where
there's no cold and hunger as the Marquis' illegitimate child?

How come she got caught up with the past? Why didn't she try to find
happiness in her present?

'Mom... she looks so happy.'

Canillia eventually stopped walking, feeling the pain that's suffocating her.

Everyone tried to use her.

Anastasia intended to suppress the family's honor. Showed her own jealousy and bitterness.

The anarchists tried to take advantage of Lia's miserable situation of being the second son of the Marquis Vale. And the Marquis that showed Lia affection as a means of relieving his guilt.

None of the things that she believed in were true.

Just as the world she looked back on isn't beautiful at all.

Lia cried her eyes out. After wiping the tears flowing down with her sleeves, she continued into the entrance.

The light is getting closer and closer. As she climbed to the lowered stairs, she knocked on the wooden board and felt someone approaching.

Lia knocked again on the wooden board above her.

At that, the door slowly opens. She once again frowned at the blinding light that suddenly came in, then she climbed the stairs with her hands trembling.

"Lord Canillian..."

Canillia was surprised to hear Ivan's voice and lowered the hand she had covered in her face. Ivan was aiming a gun at her, then he looked at the aisle on the floor before uttering a swear word.