FT 7

Silence filled the compact space until the driver cleared his throat before speaking.

"Young Mistress, Madame. Where would you like to go?" Y/N's eye twitches when she noticed that the driver no longer addressed her by last name.

She was still in a daze when Mina asked her, "Do you want to have a meal outside before we go back?"

Cold yet enchanting eyes met Y/N's when she replied, "I'm fine but I want to see my sister for now." Mina hums quietly at her before facing the driver.

"Drive us to the Hospital."

Y/N looks at her cautiously, trying to see if the woman beside her was displeased that she rejected her offer. She had an empty expression on her face as she looked at her small wristwatch.

Suddenly, she remembers that Mina mentioned going back to the company. So she hurriedly said, "Ah, there's no need for that! I can hail a cab for myself."

She knew the young mistress was a very busy woman. Before they left Myoui Group Corporation, she was occupied with papers on her desk.

Even though they were now a married couple, it was merely a condition because of a favour Y/N asked for. She knows they did not truly love each other like normal couples do.

She didn't really treat and talk to Mina like her own wife, so she felt like bothering her was out of line.

The Myoui spared her a sharp glance before ignoring her words, "Go to the hospital." Her eyes were now on the driver.

Mina exuded an aura that one would fear. The way she spoke made Y/N just let her do what she desires. Although she was not a person who lets others decide for her, she still let the Myoui do so.

"Oh... thank you." That was all she could say. She sucked in a breath of air after.

When she thought that she already put a dead end to their conversation, she suddenly felt Mina's dark and hypnotising eyes bore holes to the side of her head.

A soft frown appeared on her face, looking at Y/N like she was had grown two heads. "You don't need to thank your wife for such things. I understand that you are still not used to this arrangement, but the next time I do things for you, I don't want to hear those words again."

Unhappiness was evident in the Myoui's tone. She felt unpleasant that they were too formal when talking to each other.

The atmosphere inside the compact space changed and the tension rose rapidly. Y/N unconsciously gulped the lump of her throat, realising that her wife had a terrible temper.

"Sorry, I'll keep that in mind."

She silently warned herself to never say those two words to Mina ever again.

~~

The car halted in front of a building Y/N knew all too well.

The driver stepped out, his hand reaching for the passengers' door to open it. He bowed respectfully before retreating to the driver's door.

Y/N fixes her leather jacket before she hurriedly got out of the car and faced Mina, "I'll go ahead, yeah? Take care on your way back."

She had assumed that the woman would just drop her off and immediately return to her office. Her body language looked a bit awkward, making it obvious that she was not used to being with Mina yet.