FT 35

Uncle Kim slowly placed his phone down on the table, his sharp gaze piercing through his daughter's figure standing before him as he did so, "Jennie, I'm going to ask you a question and you need to be honest with me."

"Why did you and Y/N break up so suddenly? Did your attitude get the best of you again?"

Jennie averted her gaze down to her stilettos and her hands felt jittery. She felt guilt for a few moments, however she quickly composed herself,

"Dad, you know how couples drift apart from each other right? It was inevitable, so we broke up to avoid hurting ourselves even more."

"We can't keep faking our feelings just for the sake of marrying each other. Dad, I know you and Mom really like her, but we've officially broken up now and won't get married."

"I see." Uncle Kim's voice was becoming rougher the more he spoke, "Two weeks ago, the both of you were preparing things for your marriage ceremony. Now, you've come here to tell me you drifted apart from each other?"

"Jennie Ruby Jane, you're my daughter who's been by my side since you couldn't stand up on your own feet. Do you think it isn't easy for me to find out when you're lying?"

"Now, I'm going to ask you again. What exactly happened between you and Y/N?"

Initially, Uncle Kim thought that Y/N must have done something unreasonable to provoke his daughter's attitude.

However, the more he pondered about it, he just couldn't wrap his head around the fact that a woman who's done nothing but support and take care of his daughter would do something negative.

"Dad... I'm telling you—"

Jennie finally took a step closer to her father as she spoke, only to be cut off by a housemaid who walked up to them hastily. She bows respect before she spoke, "Master, Young Mistress, Young Master Lee has sent people to present his gifts for the Kim Household."

As soon as the familiar name slipped out of the housemaid's mouth, Uncle Kim frowned in confusion, "Mister Lee? Why exactly is he sending gifts to us?"

If Uncle Kim was being honest, he didn't think Taeyong was a very pleasing man to think about.

However, he didn't really hate the young man either.

He simply didn't care enough about him, it was his cousin whom he deeply adored and cared for like his own daughter.

And if it was Y/N who sent those gifts instead, Uncle Kim would have accepted them with open arms and cherish it with all his heart.

Hearing this, the expression etched on Jennie's face suddenly shifted into a more stiff one, "Alright, bring them in front of us."

Shortly after, the housemaid left and returned swiftly with a group of dressed men following suit.

The look on their faces were timid and respectful, bowing as low as they could the moment they were face to face with Uncle Kim.

"Master Kim, Young Master Lee had heard that Kim Corporation had a successful deal overseas recently. Young Master is currently filming for his new movie, therefore he is on a tight schedule for now. He decided to get you these as a congratulatory gift and hopes that you'll like them."