FT 13

As soon as Mina and Y/N descended into the hallway, Taeyong exited the washroom.

When he set foot outside he briefly caught sight of one familiar figure and a woman silently walking together.

Despite the fact that it was only a momentary gaze, it was enough for him to realise that the woman in his cousin's arms was gorgeous and had an attractive aura.

He could only see the slim back of the woman yet he could already feel his heartbeat fasten it's pace.

He stays silent for a moment, pondering about it until a soft voice could be heard beside him.

"I'm done. Let's go back, I'm starving."

Taeyong visibly snapped out of the trance the unknown woman put him in and regained his senses. His attention was on Jennie's sharp eyes instead.

"Of course... but isn't it weird that Y/N is having a meal here too?"

"Y/N is here?"

Jennie stopped in her tracks, looking at Taeyong with something unreadable in the depths of her eyes. "You're telling me, she is here with us right now?"

Kim Jennie knew very well that only imposing figures could enter and exit the restaurant.

She also knew that her ex-fiancée was inferior to those. Her financial status was currently unstable due to their separation, therefore the fact that Taeyong saw her eating here was baffling in her eyes.

She was not a fool. The only way Y/N could have entered is if someone of high status brought her here.

Taeyong stares at Jennie, silently scrutinising her solemn expression, "They looked really intimate as well. The woman in her arms was enjoying her." He could feel his eyebrow twitch.

"Ah, she's shameless. It hasn't even been a whole week and she already found a replacement for you."

The Kim shoots him a warning glance, the way he was talking was obviously infuriating her.

Her expression turned unpleasant in an instant.

Her nails dig into the pad of her palm, slowly piercing it, "Are you sure you aren't making this up?"

"I am always right." His voiced showed certainty. "I even managed to run into her in the washroom. We had a small argument that turned... really bad.

Taeyong pulls out his acting skills, feigning a look of innocence and shock. "She even insinuated that you were trash she discarded and that I picked you up."

At this point, Jennie felt hurt. She bit her lip and looked very upset hearing his words.

"She sounded really merciless and had no regrets. Maybe she was planning to leave you soon anyway...."

"Taeyong, enough..." Her voice dropped an octave lower, but it was not loud enough for her man to hear her.

"Jennie, what if she got together with another outstanding woman to get revenge? Did the anger really push her buttons to hurt us because we've betrayed her?"

The woman in front of him felt her vision go blurry. She wasn't liking the way Taeyong was trying to assume things without concrete evidence.

So with an enraged stare she walks away without saying a word, leaving the tall man behind.

Her face was burning red in fury.