FT 39

It was past breakfast, Grandma Myoui and Master Myoui stood beneath a large maple tree as their gaze were on the black Aston Martin smoothly rolling out of the main residence.

As soon as the guards closed the large gate, Grandma Myoui naturally tore her gaze off the car that had her granddaughter and her wife inside, and instead turned to face the man beside her.

Master Myoui was frowning, seemingly disappointed that Mina had already left after staying over for one single night.

However, her son's displeasure wasn't enough to stop Grandma Myoui from interrogating him seriously, "Kaito, have you been stressed out lately? What's with your attitude towards Y/N?"

Hearing the lady's soft yet aggravated tone call out for his name, Master Myoui could not help but shudder as he responded to his mother's unexpected question.

His fingers played with band of his watch, it was subtle, yet visible that he was quite tense to answer her, "No, mom, it's nothing like that. Perhaps, I'm just too worried about Mina. My daughter came home after a while and all of a sudden she's married to a woman we aren't familiar with..."

"I'm trying to let everything sink in, that's all."

As the man carefully and gently explained his side to his mother, Grandma Myoui had her inquisitive and doubting gaze zeroed onto him the whole time, "Are you sure? That's all you have to tell me? You're saying there isn't any reason as to why you adamantly rejected Y/N's invitation to play golf? Moreover, when she and Mina left just moments ago, you barely breathed in their direction."

Master Myoui, whose name was Kaito, clenched his jaw and let out a puff of air to calm himself down as he answered, "Mom, as her father, I do think I have the right to be worried about my daughter. Considering the fact that she got married to a woman we don't know without even telling us."

The man stared down his own mother, feeling surprised as if he would never expect that she would scold him openly like that.

Hearing his response, Grandma Myoui found him unreasonable and her delicate eyebrows creased even further, "Our Mina is already a grown woman, she is no longer the child that needs to be assisted in every step she takes."

"As her father, you should know her best, aren't I right? You already know how Mina is, treating the people she cares about the most badly will only drive a wedge in between the both of you."

"Kaito, it took my granddaughter all these years to finally find someone she can call her home. I know I cannot control what you feel, the least I can do is lessen it, therefore if you harbour ill feelings for her wife, I am asking you to keep it to yourself."

The longer Grandma Myoui scolded Master Myoui mercilessly, the darker the expression on his face became.

He made a huge mistake, he should have known that his own biological mother would definitely be capable of reading his mind and emotions.

Anger, frustration and embarrassment started to fill his chest to the brim, however he was a master at hiding it behind his masculine face.

"Mm, as for the young man from the Oh Family, I've already comforted him and told him to tear his eyes off Mina. Although it is indeed a shame that he wasted all those years chasing Mina, I'd like to believe that a man like him would be able to move on quickly."

One thing about Grandma Myoui was that she was extremely cunning and wise, something that Mina fortunately inherited from her.

She knew that her son was disappointed that his daughter did not end up with the man he thought best suited her. She wasn't explaining things to him out of the blue, she hopes that Master Myoui takes her words as a threat rather than an explanation.