Finding My Father - CH 016

Chapter 16 - “What do you want to do with the child?” (1)

As soon as Lin Xi turned her head, she saw a man walked into the small conference room.

He was very tall. Much taller than he looked in his pictures in the articles and much taller than Lin Xi had imagined.

He looked very young as well. Lin Xi remembered she had read that Gu Shao was just 37 years old this year.

Gu Shao looked cold but it was a different kind of cold than the creepy coldness coming from Lin Yize. The coldness from this man standing in front of her resembled more the kind coming from someone of a high status. He exuded cold and domineering aura.

As if one only needed to stand in front of him and they already want to lower one’s head

Lin Xi, nevertheless, didn’t do that. She cocked her head and looking at the man standing in front of her with very bright eyes. Her lips curved upward uncontrollably.

-- She finally figured out why she looked more attractive than Lin Anxin.

Lin Anxin looked like their mother and Song Kexin was not your typical beauty. She was more the cute and virtuous type from your ordinary family in your cliché romance novel.

It was apparent that Lin Xi got most of her looks from her father.

And, meeting him in person allowed Lin Xi to see that Gu Shao’s eyes were the same color as hers – a brown color that was lighter than most others.

***

Looking at the dirty child in front of him smiling foolishly at him, Gu Shao couldn't help but frowned a little. He tried to recall if he could recognize this child.

There had been charitable activities at school in the past and Gu Shao had, indeed sponsored a few students in poverty.

But the school took care of all the administrative work. Gu Shao had no idea who exactly did he sponsored.

And how exactly did this child in front of him locate him?

Did the school provide his information to her?

Gu Shao parted his lips and was just about to ask.

At this very moment, Lin Xi beat him to it. She took a step forward and said, “Dad!”

BAM!

Came a loud noise.

That was Xu Fei, losing his footing, slamming into the edge of the table.

Xu Fei, “Em….” They were just sponsor and student recipient a little while ago. How did she refer to him as “Dad” now?? That was not a funny at all.

“Em, little girl. This is our Boss Gu, who is also your sponsor. You can refer to him as Uncle Gu or Boss Gu.” Xu Fei forced himself to say.

Anything but “Dad”. Their Boss Gu didn’t even have a girlfriend. So how would he have a daughter her age. Granted, many netizens referred to their boss as “Dad”, but that was all in jest. This little girl didn’t think that was for real, did she?

Xu Fei looked at Luo Xiu, then cautiously looked over at his boss.

At the same time, Gu Shao, who somehow got promoted to the rank of “Dad” after just one meeting, his lips also twitched.

Gu Shao looked into Lin Xi’s eyes but Lin Xi did not look again.

After looking into each other’s eyes for a few seconds, Gu Shao seemed to have noticed that this girl wasn’t joking and finally said coldly, “You have the wrong person. I am not your father.”

“But you are my father.” Lin Xi was insistent about it.

Noticing that Gu Shao’s look became even colder than before, Lin Xi’s heart sank a little. She quickly went on to explain, “You really are my father. I am not lying. You had a relationship with a woman inadvertently 15 years ago. That woman became pregnant later on and gave birth to a girl and that is me!

“You may not believe it or know that woman or maybe you didn’t even remember the incident, but I am telling you the truth. You can look into it if you want. We can do a paternity test.”

At this point in time, Xu Fei’s eyes were widened and his jaw was about to hit the floor.

15 years ago? Inadvertently? Relationship? Child? Doesn’t remember?!

He had always thought of his boss as an emotionless machine who knew of nothing other than work. He even suspected that his boss had “issues” in certain areas. Who would have thought that he had such “rich past” 10 plus years ago? And, by the sounds of it, might even be a scum by every definition.

Xu Fei felt that he had an alarming melon out of the blue. Suddenly, a chill went down his spine: Would his boss “get rid” of him now that he knew of his dark history?

As such, was his best move right now to disappear instantly pretending that he hadn’t heard a word?