Finding My Father - CH 061

Chapter 61 - And Gu Shao confiscated all of them. (2)

Song Shishan, too, noticed Lin Xi who was just getting out of the car and seemed to have recognized her.

Song Shishan was a bit surprised. He walked over, looked at Lin Xi, and asked uncertainly, "You are Xiao Xi?"

Lin Xi nodded.

Song Shishan, too, nodded in a daze.

The two of them were not familiar with each other. There were strangers to each other, in fact. All Song Shishan knew was that this was his granddaughter but he didn't know what to say to her. He even forgot to ask what she was doing there.

"Have some candies." Song Shishan pulled out a handful of candies from his pocket and gave them to Lin Xi. There was a smile in his eyes.

He probably got them from the banquet that he had attended just now.

The atmosphere was a little awkward.

Song Shishan noticed Gu Shao, who was standing next to Lin Xi. He couldn't help but gave him another look: This wasn't his daughter's man. Who was this then?

"This is my dad. My real dad," said Lin Xi. She then turned to Gu Shao and told him who Song Shishan was.

Gu Shao gave Song Shishan a look then nodded to him as a sort of a greeting.

Standing in front of the young man who was obviously no ordinary person, Song Shishan seemed nervous and helpless. He nodded dryly before he turned to leave, heading in the direction of Village Song.

Over here, the father and daughter did not spend too much time looking at the man who was walking further and further away from them.

After all, it was no big deal running into Zhang Cui's ex-husband here.

***

"Get inside the car. Let's go," said Gu Shao.

Lin Xi nodded when she heard him and got inside of the car.

Gu Shao took a look at the time and said to her, "It'll be a while before we get home and we won't be making any stops on our way. Let me know if you get hungry."

They could then stop by a restaurant.

"It's fine. I am not hungry. No need to stop," said Lu Shao. Then, shaking the candies in her hand, she smiled and said, "Besides, I have candies."

"I can just eat the candies if I am hungry."

Having said that, Lin Xi handed two pieces of candies to Gu Shao. "Here's a couple for Dad."

Gu Shao looked down at the two strawberry-flavored Alps candies. Hesitated for a little, he unwrapped on and put it in his mouth.

It was ridiculously sweet and the overpowering artificial flavoring spread through his entire mouth.

As such, the piece of candy that Lin Xi had just unwrapped and was about to pop it into her mouth, along with the remaining ones in her hand, were all taken away by Gu Shao.

***

Lin Xi had no idea when she had fallen asleep in the car.

When Gu Shao noticed that Lin Xi had been extraordinarily quiet with no movements and looked down, he noticed that Lin Xi was almost asleep. Her mouth parted slightly and her head lowering gradually.

A few times Gu Shao worried whether the girl's neck would just snap or that she would smash into the seat in front of her.

Finally, couldn't stand looking at it any more, Gu Shao reached up and held Lin Xi's head.

"Do we have a blanket in the car?" Gu Shao asked the chauffeur in front.

The chauffeur was taken aback a little, "Uh... No."

The car had always only been a means of transportation for Gu Shao. Even if the trip was longer than usual, he would usually be taking care of some work from the car.

They have never had a blanket in the car as they would be no use of one.

Gu Shao frowned a little and said, "Have one in the car from now on."

"In addition." Pausing, Gu Shao added, "Stock some convenient snacks."

"Something healthy," added Gu Shao.

"Okay. I will have them ready," said the chauffeur from the front.

In the back seat, Gu Shao glanced over at the girl next to him and put his jacket over her.