Finding My Father - CH 076

Chapter 76 - She had perfected demonstrated what guilty conscience looks like. (1)

Over on this side, only after they saw that Gu Xi kept on walking did the two boys that looked like they were "fighting" separated from each other and looked nervously in Gu Xi's direction.

"Whew. Okay, she's gone finally." Gu Chenyi let out a sigh of relief.

Before he was done talking, he was smacked upside his head by Gu Yanxiao. "Gu Chenyi, why the heck did you hide?"

Gu Chenyi retorted, "Nonsense. Of course we have to hide. We don't want her to spot us, do we?"

Having said that, Gu Chenyi looked again nervously in Gu Xi's direction and said to himself, "Xixi didn't notice us earlier, did she?"

"Are you brain dead? Xixi had never seen us before. She wouldn't recognize us anyway, alright?" said Gu Yanxiao. It would be odder when they looked like they had something to hide.

That reminded Gu Chenyi.

"... ..." Now he truly felt like a fool.

"Well, I was nervous, alright?" said Gu Chenyi, embarrassed.

Lucky they were not spotted by anyone who knew them or else his image that he had been maintained would be ruined.

"I feel that Xixi is even prettier in person than in her pictures," said Gu Chenyi. One way or another, those from their family were the best. He would not listen to anything otherwise.

Gu Yanxiao nodded in agreement.

That being said, he was a little disappointed. "How come Xixi didn't wear any of the clothes that we have picked out for her?"

As soon as he had finished saying that, he immediately received a look of contempt from Gu Chenyi. "That is because the clothing that you picked out are too awful."

What the Gu family members thought were pretty could make others speechless. Just because something was pink did not necessarily meant that it was pretty. Even if they were, too many of them could still be overwhelming!

Those were what was going through Gu Chenyi's mind.

As the only man in the Gu family who had somewhat of an acceptable taste in clothes, Gu Chenyi felt that it was difficult being him.

Gu Yanxiao snickered coldly. "I didn't see Xixi didn't wearing anything that you chose either!"

Gu Chenyi, "The scrunchy that she was using was from me, alright!"

Gu Yanxiao, "... ..." He was defeated.

Gu Chenyi was just feeling complacent when, suddenly, he felt Gu Yanxiao's arm wrapped around his neck, depressing it, and the two returned to their squatting position like they were scoundrels.

"OMG! Gu Yanxiao, what's the matter with you? Didn't you just say that we didn't need to hide?"

"I saw Second Uncle's car!"

"Oh shoot... ..."

"Let's hurry up and hide."

"Let's make a run for it."

"But what are we going to tell Grandpa if we didn't get any picture of her?"

***

The two big boys squatting down next to the wall had already been spotted by others.

A girl pointed at the two blobs and said to her girlfriend in surprise, "Does that person look like Gu Chenyi to you?"

"No way, surely you have mistaken."

"Well, see for yourself then," said the girl as she pointed at the two figures who ran away.

Her girlfriend was taken aback a little then said, "Did look somewhat like him from behind. But no way that would be Gu YuanChen."

Gu YuanChen has the status of being the school hunk. Why would he squat there in a corner after school? That seemed to be beneath him.

"Gu Chenyi should be on the basketball field right now."

"It's Class #17 v Class #3 today. Gu Yanxiao should be there as well. Maybe we should go back to watch?"

"Okay. Okay."

The few girls were boy crazed.

***

On the other side.

Gu Xi looked around but failed to spot the car that Aunty Mei had mentioned to her. She did, however, noticed a car that looked very familiar.

She double checked the license plate number and her eyes widened. She found that incredulous.

Then she saw the car window being lowered and it was Gu Shao inside the car.

"Dad!" Gu Xi was pleasantly surprised.

Gu Shao looked Gu Xi up and down and confirmed that she was unharmed.

"Get in." Gu Shao's tone was as concise as usual but the hint of tenderness around his eyes was unable to remain hidden.

"Okay," said Gu Xi as she got inside of the car.

"How come you are here, Dad? Are you here to pick me up?" asked Gu Xi with uncertainty. There was an anticipation in her eyes that even she didn't notice.

"I happened to be in the area so I thought I'd swing by," said Gu Shao with a deep voice.

Upon hearing that, Gu Xi nodded and sat down properly next to Gu Shao.

Chen Ziyang, sitting in the front, smiled to himself.

The professor had a technology seminar to attend to this afternoon and it was supposed to go till 5:30 PM.

The professor had, however, taken off early for the sake of coming over to pick up Gu Xi.

The professor was probably worried that Xiao Xi would be unaccustomed to the new school.

Chen Ziyang, holding back his laugh, peeked at Gu Shao, sitting in the back, and then at Gu Xi, who was sitting docilely next to him, and felt a little envious all of a sudden.

Why was it that he suddenly wanted a daughter of his own?