Finding My Father - CH 034

Chapter 34 - She quickly sent over the pictures that she had taken. (2)

Gu Shao was still there waiting for her when Lin Xi followed the teacher back into the office. Waiting with him was a woman in her fifties.

When they walked over to them, Teacher Chen said, "Director Zhou."

Director Zhou looked over at Lin Xi. She looked surprised. Then she looked from Lin Xi and Gu Shao.

"This must be your daughter, Professor Gu. She's very pretty," said Director Zhou with a smile. "I didn't know that you have a child her age."

Gu Shao was a professor at A University and was an acquaintance with this Director Zhou right here. That being said, Professor Gu was a very busy man and never stuck around one place long enough. He also never talked about his personal life.

"She is staying with me for now," said Gu Shao. Until she was of age.

Director Zhou, however, interpreted what he said differently.

Director Zhou, taken aback a little, thought he had it figured out. She smiled again and said, "An, she must be your niece then. No wonder they always said nieces look like their uncles. She does look a lot like you. I almost thought she's your daughter.'

Gu Shao did not bother correcting Director Zhou.

Director Zhou took Lin Xi's examination paper from Teacher Chen and looked them over. She nodded and said, "This is quite good."

She couldn't tell whether the answers were correct or not but the neatness of them look impression at a glance.

Having said that, Director Zhou looked over at Gu Shao again, "The principal was going to be here today but she had to attend a meeting the last minute so she had me come in her place.

"We will have the results on these latest by tomorrow. I will let know right away, Professor Gu." Director Zhou paused, then went on, "The main purpose of this is just to get an idea of where the student stands and give us an idea of which class to place her. It would not affect anything else. You don't have to worry about a thing, Professor Gu."

Director Zhou reassured Gu Shao. What she was trying to tell him was that regardless of how Lin Xi scored or whether she meet the passing grades, she would be accepted to their school.

It sounded like they had Lin Xi's best interest in mind but, if one was to think about it some more, it also sounded like they were making an exception for her.

Glancing over at the very disturbed look on the girl, Gu Shao tried not to smile and did not elaborate further.

He declined Director Zhou's offer to show them around the campus and took off with Lin Xi.

***

On their way back, Lin Xi looked unhappy. Her lips were pushed out so much that one could hang a hook on it.

Glancing over at her look, Gu Shao lifted his brows.

"You don't like this school?"

Lin Xi shook her head and didn't say anything.

She couldn't possibly tell him that she was unhappy that Gu Shao denied that she was his child earlier.

She didn't want to stir up anything. As far as Gu Shao was concerned, she was an accident who just popped up out of nowhere.

Lin Xi bit her lower lip and looked over at Gu Shao. Smiling, she said to him, "Thanks, Dad. I will study hard."

***

The father and daughter went back home.

Lin Xi was surprised that there was a new aunty there.

She looked to be in her fifties or sixties but she was good spirited. And has much better temperament than the one last time.

She was waiting for Gu Shao and Lin Xi at the door.

Lin Xi seemed to hear Gu Shao referred to her as "Aunty Mei".

Aunty Mei nodded at Gu Shao first then couldn't wait but looked behind him at Lin Xi.

The second that she saw Lin Xi, her eyes beamed and she could barely contain her excitement.

"This must be Little Miss Xi."

Seeing the surprised look on Lin Xi, Aunty Mei quickly added, "Little Miss Xi, my surname is Mei. You can call me Grandma Mei. I will be taking care of you from now on."

Lin Xi was baffled by her affection given that this was the first time the two met each other. That being said, she didn't dislike her friendliness.

Lin Xi nodded and said politely, "Grandma Mei."

Aunty Mei had a bright smile on her immediately.

"You must be hungry, Little Miss Xi. C'mon in quickly. Dinner is ready." Aunty Mei took Lin Xi's backpack and showed Lin Xi into the apartment.

Lin Xi turned to look at Gu Shao.

"Let's go," said Gu Shao.