Finding My Father - CH 114

Chapter 114 - He hung up on Gao Zifan before he could say anything else. (1)

Gu Xi and Sheng Xiuyan finished their question set and walked out of the venue. Before they were even able to walk into the wait area, all the others from HSAU came up to them excitedly.

"They are here! They are here!"

"God Xiu, Goddess Xi, that was amazing!"

"Quick, quick, our two deities. Please share with us how that was accomplished!"

"Right, right. We would like to find out how you are feeling right now and did you have fun while working on those problems."

Gu Xi was baffled at her teammates' excitement: What was going on?

"What is going on?" asked Gu Xi dubiously.

Even Sheng Xiuyan next to her was baffled.

"Did the grades come out already?" ask Gu Xi again.

Upon hearing that, the few from HSAU realized why they were asking and elaborated, "We don't know if the final grades are out yet but your entire competition was broadcasts live this time!"

"That's right, you don't know that yet but you got all of the questions from the time-limited portion right!"

– 600 questions in total. Getting all of them right was scary good.

If that was the so called "sense" for the problems, that was probably something that they would never "get" in this life time.

"Really?!" Gu Xi, too, was pleasantly surprised when she heard what they said to her. She felt that the problems weren't that difficult this time and that it had gone smoothly. She didn't think she had gotten all of them right though.

Truth was Gu Xi didn't do bad the previous year either. It was a shame that she ran into Gao Zifan, the arrogant pig teammate.

"Of course it's true. The grades are still on the big screen in the wait area. You can go see for yourself." Even though they were not the ones who were directly involved but, as schoolmates from the same school, they were still very proud in front of all the other schools in the wait area.

"Please. Allow us commoners to bow down to you, our two deities." The few of them gave them a comical bow.

Gu Xi almost busted out laughing while looking at them.

"So that very last question, #233, was it really just a shot in the dark?"

"Kinda," said Gu Xi as she nodded.

"Oh shoot! Such incredible luck!"

......

It was very lively over on HSAU's side.

Looking back over at Liming side, it was much gloomier.

When Gu Xi and the others walked inside of the wait area, those from Liming stiffened and either lowered their head or turned away directly.

Gu Xi was baffled. She asked Yang Mengmeng next to her, "What's up with that? Gao Zifan didn't do well?"

"Hrm, that's an understatement." Yang Mengmeng hrumphed, her voice filled with sarcasm. She went on to explain to Gu Xi, "You have no idea, School Sister Gu Xi, the surveillance videos of the second half of the competition were shared. That Gao Zifan was so embarrassing."

During the competition, Gao Zifan would either dropped his pen, or ran out of scratch paper and had to borrow more from someone else. He used several pieces of paper for this calculation on just one problem and still got it wrong. It got even worse toward the end – Gao Zifan even threw his pen when he was stuck.

All in all, he had thoroughly embarrassed himself.

"What was even funnier was that the more he did, the more he got wrong toward the end. He had the most red on the screen." If the competition was for missed questions, then he would doubtless be the winner.

"That wasn't even all of it. You know what else happened?" The others became progressively more excited as they talked and they said to Gu Xi, "All of the grades from the prior years, including each person's individual scores could not be found online."

"Speaking of, Gu Xi, were your scores for real?"

Those from other schools had no idea that "Lin Xi", the legendary person who earned the highest mark the ear before, was the same as Gu Xi. Those from HSAU, nevertheless, were all aware that Gu Xi was Lin Xi, thanks to the two braindeads.

As such, they could not feel more respectful toward Gu Xi.