Finding My Father - CH 063

Chapter 63 - "Gu" as in Gu Shao and "Xi" as in Zhenxi (cherish). (2)

After dinner, something suddenly occurred to Lin Xi. She looked over at Gu Shao "Dad, when we transfer the household register over, does that mean we can get my ID card at the same time?"

Gu Shao nodded, "Yes."

Lin Xi's eyes lit up."

"Then give me a minute." If she was going to have picture taken for her ID card, she shouldn't be dressed so casually.

Lin Xi went back into her room, tied her hair up, combed them out nicely, before she picked up the prettiest outfit that she had.

It was a brown dress and would work for a casual or formal event. It was neither too casual nor was it too stuck up.

This was also one of the few from the batch that Aunty Mei had brought back the other day that was not pink and somewhat different in styles than other others.

Did the "boss" throw these few in out of "sympathy"?

Lin Xi had some crazy ideas in her head.

***

When Lin Xi was ready, the two of them were on their way.

Lin Xi didn't say a word their entire trip there.

Gu Shao thought perhaps Lin Xi had gotten up too early and was still sleepy.

Truth was, Lin Xi was just nervous.

For some odd reasons, their trip to transfer her household register was very important to Lin Xi – once they had her household register moved over, she would no longer be the Lin Xi of the Lin family and she would be completely detached from "Lin Xi" from the original novel.

This would, perhaps, become a very critical point in her life.

After they had arrived at the place, Lin Xi first had her photos taken next door.

After walking out of the photo studio and holding her photos in her hand, Lin Xi sighed and looked very solemn.

–The identity card was such an important thing and all she thought was that she didn't want to look too solemn. She even smiled a little and, somehow, she looked like a fool in the photo.

Could she have it redone......?

Gu Shao couldn't figure out why the girl was shaking her head and sighing. He glanced over at the photos that the girl was holding in her hand: She was pretty in the photos.

"Let's go inside."

"Oh."

The cop who was helping Lin Xi in transferring over her household register was a young lady.

She took the photos from Lin Xi and the proof and household register from Gu Shao and started working on it expertly.

"Are we transferring her household register under you, Mr. Gu?" asked the little cop sister.

"Yes."

"Okay." After a slight pause, she asked again, "And how are you two related?"

"Father and daughter," replied Gu Shao as he handed over the DNA test from before and a signed document along with it.

Hearing Gu Shao's response and looking at the DNA test result in her hand, the little cop sister looked surprised.

She thought they were relatives but they turned out to be father and daughter.

Of course she knew of Gu Shao. The renowned Professor Gu in the technology field and the boss of NTN Technology Center.

Gu Shao seemed to still be single and yet his child was so old already.

The little cop sister immediately had a 1 million word-length Mary Sue novel The CEO Had Fallen in Love with Me, The Genius Mother Ran Off with The Bun, and I Have Seven Boss Fathers written in her head.

That being said, she thought about it some more, there were certainly a lot of messy love affairs and children born out of wedlock when it came to rich people.

As much as she wanted to gossip, she maintained her professionalism and filled in 'father and daughter' in the 'relationship' box.

The little cop sister then entered in Lin Xi's personal information and finger print one by one. She took a look at the information on the screen then turned to look at Gu Shao and Lin Xi.

"Her old ID card was voided a couple of days ago and she will need to have a new one done." Pausing a little, the cop asked, "Are we using the same name for her new household register and ID card? Will we be changing her surname? If so, put down here what you would like her new name to be."

The little cop sister handed a form over to Lin Xi.