Finding My Father - CH 067

Chapter 67 - "It looks like Lin Xi's parent is really some big shot." (2)

Over on this side, after getting off the call with Butler Zhou, Gu Shao replied him with a "Alright."

He took a look at the time, then over at Gu Xi who had been dragging her feet staying in the living room refusing to go to bed. Gu Shao frowned and put on a solemn face. "It's 11 o'clock already. Go to bed."

He then added after a slight pause. "I will bring you to Liming High School tomorrow."

Liming High School was Gu Nian's former high school.

There would only be one reason for them to head over there.

"Are we there for my transfer?" asked Gu Xi, feeling a little excited.

"Mmm," acknowledged Gu Shao. He then added, "So go to bed now."

"Okay!" Knowing that they would be transferring her tomorrow, Gu Xi stopped dilly-dallying around the living room and returned to her own bedroom to go to bed.

***

The next day, Gu Shao brought Gu Xi with him to Liming High School.

Looking at the familiar campus, Gu Xi felt that it had been ages since she had been here.

It was during class time so the campus was very quiet.

A teacher came up to them specifically and brought them to the principal's office.

Inside the office, the principal looked at the father and daughter duo in front of him with the transfer request in his hand and many thoughts were rushing through his head – this "Lin Xi" in front of him was the child of the Lin family not too long ago. How did she all of a sudden become Gu Shao's child in just a few days?

As shocked as he was, he knew that that wasn't a subject that he could broach. As such, he looked normally at Gu Shao and Lin Xi.

"So, Mr. Gu, you are here for Lin, er, Gu Xi's transfer, right?" asked the principal.

"Yes."

The principal nodded with Gu Shao's definitely answer. "Okay, I see."

With all the formed filled out, the process to transfer out a student was not complicated.

That being said, the principal was still sad to see a top student such as Gu Xi transferring to another school – even though they were a private school, their metrics still mattered.

A top student could bring a lot of pride and benefits for a school.

All the awards that Gu Xi had won for their school in competitions representing their school notwithstanding, her grades at every city-wide uniform examination were up there when comparing with students from other school.

"If she was only switching to a different guardian... ahem, I mean to a new environment, she doesn't necessarily need to transfer to a different school. After all, she had already been with us for over a year and had adapted well to our school. Her performance is steady. She might not adapt well at her new school."

Pausing a little, the principal carried on, "If it was just a name change, that's fine as well. We can update her names in her student file, her past grades and awards."

The principal tried to keep Gu Xi at their school.

Gu Shao's look deepened.

He asked Gu Xi to wait outside when he looked at the principal coldly.

"We are not trying to transfer her simply because she has a new guardian."

Looking at the principal coldly, Gu Shao said in a deep voice, "During my daughter's stay at your school, she had been slandered by rumors and that had severely impacted her social life at school as well as her personal reputation.

"Your school had failed to handle this incident properly which made her situation at school even more difficult. She was constantly under attack at school and under public opinions.

"As such, I do not see the need for my daughter to remain at your school." Gu Shao's voice was not raised but each of his words were cold and fiercely irrefutable.

Gu Shao's words made the principal's look froze on her face. He understood where Gu Shao was coming from now and, all of a sudden, looking even more unhappy.

– He would admit that the school did not do as much as they should on that one incident involving Gu Xi.

But they had their reasons.

When they found out that Lin Anxin was the culprit behind the rumors, they were going to deal with the incident severely.

Nevertheless, the Lin family came to the school before they were able to announce their findings: They were not there to fight for "Lin Xi", they were there for Lin Anxin. The Lin family wished for the school to drop the incident and never mention it again.

Both "Lin Xi" and Lin Anxin were the children of the Lin family. As such, what more could the school do when their parents came to the school and asked for the incident to be dropped?

Who would have thought that Gu Xi was not the child of the Lin family after all?