Finding My Father - CH 142

Chapter 142 - "Do you have any old photos you can show me, Grandpa?" (2)

Gu Yaobai and Gu XueEr stayed at the Gu's until after dinner.

Gu Xi was in an alerted state the entire time.

In the Gu's family room, Gu Xi held tightly onto a corner of Gu Shao's cloth subconsciously all the way until Gu Yaobai and Gu XueEr had taken off. She was finally able to let out a sigh of relief and her body relaxed after their car had left the Gu's garden and was completely out of sight.

All the way until she noticed that Gu Shao, who had been by her side the entire time, had disappeared without her knowing.

Gu Xi looked around anxiously and finally asked those around her when she didn't see Gu Shao, "Where's Gu, my dad?"

"My dad, Second Uncle, and Little Uncle all went to the study a little while ago," said Gu Yanxiao.

Gu Yanlin, too, added, "I think there is something that they wanted to talk about."

They had no idea what Gu Xi was occupied with earlier to a point that she didn't notice when all the adults had exited the room.

Then again, Gu Yanlin found the dazed look on Gu Xi very comical – haha, his sister was so cute. He wondered if he would be look at as a strange big brother if he poked her on her cheek.

Gu Xi, not knowing what was going through Gu Yanlin's mind, nodded seriously.

"Come, come. Let me show you something interesting," said Gu Yanxiao and the others to Gu Xi, thinking that she was bored.

When they said "something interesting", they meant taking her over to Old Mr. Gu's and showed her all the Gu family's past photos.

Of course, that included all of their ugly photos from all of their innocent childhood.

***

"Xixi. Look at this one. Guess who this was?" asked Gu Yanlin as he pointed at an old photo.

"My dad?" Gu Xi didn't even have to think before she replied.

Gu Shao was in his teens in the photo. It was one of the very few photos that Gu Shao had taken and it was obviously taken without his knowledge.

"How could you tell? I thought you'd think he was my dad," said Gu Chenyi, surprised.

His dad and Second Uncle looked very alike, especially during their adolescent time.

Gu Chenyi had mistaken the two of them in the past when he looked at old photos of the two.

Gu Xi gave Gu Chenyi a look then, pointing at the person in the picture, said, "Look carefully, my dad's eye color is different than Little Uncles."

Oh yeah......

Gu Chenyi, "......" So he was just stupid?

"Next one. Next one."

"How many does Grandpa have? Why does it feel like there are more than I remember from last time." Gu Chenyi grumbled as he flipped though the other photo albums.

The few were not the kind who could sit still and didn't really enjoy looking through photo albums. They only looked at the past because they were trapped by their Grandpa.

Today, however, with the introduction of Gu Xi, the three suddenly felt that this portion was very interesting.

"This one is from a few years ago. This was big brother. This one was Gu Yanxiao. And this one was me. Then there was this one......" The three pointed at photos in the photo album as they told Gu Xi funny stories.

"Oh shoot!" Gu Chenyi almost jumped up when he saw a certain photo.

"This was a picture Gu Yanxiao had taken of me without me knowing and posted it into our group chat. When did Grandpa have it printed out?"

As much as Gu Chenyi tried to destroy it, Gu Xi saw it nonetheless. The picture looked like it was taken some 2 ~ 3 years ago and in the photo, Gu Chenyi was sitting on top of the toilet with a bowl of snails rice noodle.

The boy had some peculiar interest in food. Thought Gu Xi to herself.

Then, raising her brows, she looked over at Gu Chenyi and asked, "Were you going for an immersive experience?"*

Gu Chenyi, "......" What immersive experience.