Finding My Father - CH 084

Chapter 84 - He was just about to ask Gu Chenyi who this Gu Xi was. (2)

With the celebrity effect, the news of Sheng Xiuyan being in the Joint Science Competition spread quickly to all the classes.

Gu Xi, as the tag along, was also mentioned.

"Gu Xi? Which Gu Xi?"

"A sophomore? No, I have never heard of her before. Why isn't Yan Xu from their class or Zou Le from Class #8?" said someone in another class after reading the latest news on the school forum.

Gu Chenyi, who had been playing on his cellphone leisurely jumped up all of a sudden.

"Who did you say are going?"

"Sheng Xiuyan, of course. Who else?" replied someone.

"No, the other one. Did you say Gu Xi?"

"Yeah." The person nodded. He was just about to ask whether Gu Chenyi knew this Gu Xi and who Gu Xi was when he saw Gu Chenyi stretched his hand out at him.

"What?"

"Registration form."

Gu Xi went over to the school library during lunch break.

"Gu Xiao Xi, are you looking for reference books? What are you looking for? I can lend you mine," said Dong Mingming who had followed Gu Xi there.

She paused for a little and added, "Let me tell you. Our school library is really not that impressive. The selections are poor and they don't bring in new ones very often. You won't be able to find the latest reference books here."

HSAU was really behind in this area when compared to the school next door to them.

"It's fine. I am just browsing," said Gu Xi with a smile.

She didn't go to the library for textbooks or reference books. She was there for any entry level books on electronic technology.

Now that she had decided to join [AAA] and [Lin] in the Tianchuang Competition, she wanted to level herself up on the basics as much as possible.

She understood the concepts and theories but she lacked accrual of basic knowledge. Attending a technical school was obviously not feasible. As such, all she could do was to learn on her own from some textbooks.

That being said, Gu Xi was somewhat disappointed after walking around the library –– exactly as Dong Mingming had said, there were a lot of selections in the library and most of them had to do with junior high school subjects. The few books they had on electronic technology were limited to expansion of popular science.

"Let's go," said Gu Xi to Dong Mingming.

Gu Xi regretted not being able to find the books that she was looking for but still picked up a mathematics reference book for junior year to take with her.

Looking at the book that Gu Xi had picked up, Dong Mingming was very surprised –– It was said that God Xiu had also completed junior year's curriculum ahead of time. Was Gu Xi going o be like Sheng Xiuyan and also finish up junior year's curriculum ahead of time?

***

When the two of them walked out of the library, a group of people nearby caught Gu Xi's attention.

"What is going on over there?" asked Gu Xi with her brows raised as she looked at the big crowd of people.

Dong Mingming, too, were looking in that direction. She responded to Gu Xi's question, "I guess Art Festival is around the corner and they are getting ready over there."

Having said that, Dong Mingming pointed at someone in the middle of the crowd and said, "See that group of people standing at the very front? They belong to our Art Club. And that one in the middle who Is not in an uniform? The one in the light blue dress? She is Gu XueEr, head of the art club. She's part of junior class #2.

"The legendary beauty queen of HSAU."

Having said that, Dong Mingming was excited all of a sudden and gossipy aura radiated from her.

"Let me tell you," said Dong Mingming softly to Gu Xi as she put her arm around Gu Xi's. "This Gu XueEr is a celebrity at our school. It was said that men she turned down everyday are enough to wrap around our school three times......"

All in all, all phrases about being pretty with nice singing voice, alabaster skin and pretty, multi-talented, kind and loving, good temperament, etc. etc. were all for Gu XueEr.

"So you are a fan of hers?" asked Gu Xi.

Gu Xi never paid much attention to topics like these in school. These were not things that interested her.

"No, not really." Dong Mingming quickly shook her head.

She thought this Gu XueEr was alright. Gu XueEr was alright right from her looks alone. The "prettiest" in school was a bit much but, if one was to throw in temperament, the way she dressed herself, her talents, and friendliness, then there was no problem with her being the beauty queen.

"Oh, right!" As though something had just occurred to her, Dong Mingming said again, "There were rumors before that she and God Xiu dated in the past. Keke. Someone claimed that they saw her gifting things to Sheng Xiuyan.

"And that Gu XueEr's best friend went over to talk to Sheng Xiuyan but nobody knew what his response was."