Finding My Father - CH 112

Chapter 112 - Lin Anxin probably had to face the consequences of her action after her return. (3)

Lin Anxin became nervous all of a sudden.

Everyone's attention was focused on the competition right now. But, as soon as the competition was over, everyone would know that she was lying. No way. She could not apologize to Gu Xi openly.

As she thought about that, Lin Anxin gritted her teeth and ran out of the wait area.

The two girls who were sitting next to her frowned deeply.

"Where's Lin Anxin going?"

"Where do you think she's going? She went to pick on Lin... Gu Xi purposefully earlier and ended up being faceslapped. Would she wait around now to be faceslapped again?"

"Why do I get the feeling that she was purposefully targeting Gu Xi?" said one of the girls in a deep voice.

"Now that you mentioned it. The incident before did seem fishy." The girl next to her nodded.

The school had announced that the one who spread the rumor was Lin Anxin immediately before they shut down the discussion forum.

Just a day later, Lin Anxin came out pitifully, apologized, and cried as she explained to everyone else that she didn't say Gu Xi was cheating. She only saw Gu Xi coming out of the printing room once with a stack of papers in her hand. Turned out Gu Xi was only helping the teachers in making copies of homework assignments.

Lin Anxin said she had no idea what had happened. She only mentioned "running into Gu Xi" to a girlfriend of hers and words got spread and finally ended up on the forum all distorted.

The explanation itself did not convince the others but Li Weier, Lin Anxin's girlfriend also admitted later on that she was the one who started the rumor and the others were able to confirm that the post that started it all came from one of Li Weier's subaccount. As such, they finally bought the story.

Everyone began to forget about the incident after Gu Xi's transfer.

"The Lin family is very power and it seems Li Weier's family relies on them. It is entirely possible that Lin Anxin hijacked her girlfriend's account, posted the rumor, then put pressure on the Li family to have Li Weier take the blame for it."

"If that's the case, then Lin Anxin is truly a disgusting person."

"To think that she always pretends to be an innocent white lotus around school."

"She was probably here this time before of the Lin family as well." Even if each school could send two students there to observe and not to participate, the other person should still be the No. 2 among the freshmen. It never would have been Lin Anxin.

"She just wants to be around Gao Zifan."

"Disgusting."

"Speaking of, there had been rumors that Lin Anxin and Lin Xi are related. That just might be true."

"Hard to say. But after this competition, all of Lin Anxin's past behaviors and her being a flirt are probably all going to catch up to her."

"She asked for it."

......

"Never mind about that. I think we are done for this time."

The two returned their attention back to the competition.

Gao Zifan had finally come up with an answer for the question that he was working on; unfortunately, he got it wrong. Gao Zifan obviously started to panic after that problem. He had picked up his pace but the accuracy rate plummeted and most of the dots on his row were red.

Looking back over to Gu Xi and Sheng Xiuyan, they were steady as usual and their two rows of green dots had already met half way.

......

"Wow, the two at HSAU had already finished!" Everybody exclaimed.

The two "lines" had already joined up and a few of them even overlapped.

Inside the venue.

Looking at the clock, Gu Xi stopped with roughly 10-minute time left.

Sheng Xiuyan, too, stopped around the same time as her.

The two exchanged a look.

Gu Xi, "I got to problem 303."

Sheng Xiuyan, "299."

***

From the monitoring screen, the audiences saw Gu Xi and Sheng Xiuyan exchanging their scratch papers with each other.

"Why did they swap their scratch papers?" Someone asked.

– on the scratch papers, there were not only some solutions on certain problems but Gu Xi had also noted the questions that she had skipped.

The two of them swapped their scratch paper so they could go and tackle what the other one had missed.

Those from the wait area saw Gu Xi and Sheng Xiuyan answering a few addition questions from their own terminals after they had swapped their scratch papers.

The green dot that they saw appearing on the screen was where the other person had skipped.

"They filled it in!"

"Oh shoot. So they were filling in for each other where they felt short!"

"My gosh! That's amazing. What a strategy."

Everyone had their own strength. Sometimes all one needed was a second pair of eyes.

"That's too incredible......"