Finding My Father - CH 062

Chapter 62 - "Gu" as in Gu Shao and "Xi" as in Zhenxi (cherish). (1)

Perhaps because she had already been at the Gu's house for a few days, Lin Xi was now more familiar with Gu Shao's scent.

Quite the contrary, the scent of dad from Gu Shao's jacket made Lin Xi feel particularly secure.

Lin Xi rubbed up against the jacket and, as though it wasn't comfortable enough, she leaned directly onto Gu Shao.

Clinging onto Gu Shao's arm, Lin Xi, as though she had located a pillow and a posture in which she would not fall off said pillow, continue to sleep soundly, her breathing becoming more even.

Gu Shao wasn't sure if Lin Xi was very hot after she had fallen asleep or that kids her age tend to run higher in temperature. It had only been a little while before he noticed that Lin Xi was beginning to sweat.

Her slightly wet hair resting on Gu Shao's arm was not a pleasant feeling.

It was a very big challenge especially for one who was a germophobe.

Nevertheless, Gu Shao did not feel resentful or repulsive toward it. That surprised even Gu Shao himself.

From the front row, Wang Wu took a sneaky peek at the father and daughter through the rearview mirror. A tender smile appeared even on the steel-like man – even though Mr. Gu and young miss were a bit distant from each other previously but things should get better and better in the days to come, right?

After all, Mr. Gu had been slowly but surely becoming a better and better father, albeit the fact that he might not even have noticed that change himself.

***

The car took the two of them back to the Gu's house.

Lin Xi slept all the way back.

She was still groggy when Gu Shao had woken her up.

"Wake up. We are home," said Gu Shao.

"Hmm?" Lin Xi looked around, apparently couldn't tell that she was inside their own garage. She asked quizzically, "Where are we?"

Her quizzical look was comedic.

"Get out of the car first. Go sleep at home."

Home?

Lin Xi was taken aback a little from the word before she recollected herself. That was right, she was living with Gu Shao now. As such, this was her home. She has a home now.

"Mmm, okay." Lin Xi nodded and got out of the car with Gu Shao. Walking inside the house, she still felt like she was walking on clouds.

***

Inside the house, seeing how Lin Xi was half-sleep and groggy, Aunty Mei quickly walked up to hold Lin Xi's hand.

She had decided against asking "how did it go with the household register?"

"Lin Xi looks like she is still asleep. She must be tired after such a long day. Come, come, don't just stand here anymore. Grandma Mei will take you back to your room so you can go back to bed."

Seemingly worried that Lin Xi would bump into things, Aunty Mei held her hand and took her back to her room.

But she was stopped by Gu Shao.

"Let's have dinner first before she goes to bed." Gu Shao's voice was not mean but it was solemnly authoritative.

Lin Xi woke up a little bit more from that.

***

Lin Xi returned to her room after dinner.

Inside the [Battle at the Summit of Tianchuang] chatgroup, the chat owner posted more messages.

[AAA]: @Lin, are you almost back?

[AAA]: Let's meet up when you are back. I want to talk about the details of the competition.

[AAA]: ... ...

There were twenty or so more messages under that.

Lin Xi was a little tired so she did not pay them too much attention.

She saw the one response from [Lin]: I'm busy.

The chat owner @ Lin Xi.

[AAA]: @X, what about you, dear? Where are you?

[AAA]: Let me tell you. Lin is a quiet one but he is also an elite. We will be invincible when we work together as a team after he is back.

Lin Xi, "... ..."

How did she get loop into this team again?

Lin Xi was too tired to worry about this right now. She closed out of the chat without further ado.

***

The next morning.

Lin Xi was the first to get up.

By the time Gu Shao was up, Lin Xi was already sitting in the dining room looking at him with her sparkling and anticipation-filled eyes.

It wasn't difficult for Gu Shao to figure out what was on her mind from that look on her.

Wiping away the smile on himself, Gu Shao returned to his usual solemn look and said, "Let's have breakfast first. I will take you to the police station afterward."

Gu Shao had made a special appointment ahead of time. As such, they would be okay to head over on the weekend as well.

His words put a big smile on Lin Xi.

She reflexively started eating faster.

"Slow down," reminded Gu Shao. "Eat in a civilized manner."

"Mmm... ..."