Finding My Father - CH 172

Chapter 172 - "I have been elected the Student Representative." (1)

"Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Can you repeat that one more time?" Dong Mingming held onto Gu Xi's arm.

What Gu Xi had just said had already exceeded her current knowledge. Gu Xi had already finished talking before her brain could process the information.

Gu Xi was taken aback a little, "Was I not clear enough in my explanation?"

Dong Mingming nodded, then shook her head. No, Gu Xi enunciated and her speed was moderate. It was Dong Mingming who didn't quite get it.

"That's really doable?" Dong Mingming couldn't help but asked again. She didn't quite understand everything that Gu Xi had said but it sure sounded very mighty.

"Theoretically, yes," said Gu Xi with a smile.

Could she produce the finished product? No. But the ST Youth Innovation Competition only asked for submissions of propositions and be able prove that the idea and invention were feasible.

Perhaps other experts or professional organizations could produce the product.

"Do you want me to explain it to you one more time?" asked Gu Xi.

Dong Mingming closed her mouth and shook her head violently.

"It's alright as long as you get it!" She would rather not listen to it!

If she had made a mistake in the past, she would rather be punished by the teacher instead of being sent a "monster" to be her deskmate. She couldn't handle attack on her intelligence like this at her young and formidable age.

***

"That being said, instead of this competition, I think you should start thinking about your 'Student Representative' performance," said Dong Mingming solemnly as she looked at Gu Xi.

Nobody had thought that Gu Xi's votes would have grown so far before now so they were only focused on participation.

Things were different now. Gu Xi's vote count had already exceeded that of Gu XueEr's and became #1. All they needed to do was to wait till the afternoon and the voting was closed, then everything would be set in stone.

There would be the teachers' judging segment as well but those were not a concern for Gu Xi.

Naturally, an outstanding student like her would be able to score high marks with the teachers.

As such, instead of the Youth Innovation Competition that was still 2 weeks away, the Art Festival performance would take precedence.

Gu Xi, too, nodded in agreement with what Dong Mingming had said.

"Will I really get extra credits from that?" asked Gu Xi.

"......" Why was it that she is always so concerned about extra credits?

Dong Mingming thought silently to herself but she nodded and said, "Yes, really. The class sending the representative will receive 3 extra points and the individual student will receive 2 more points on top of that."

"Am I right, Art Committee?" said Dong Mingming as she poked the back of the Art Committee member sitting in front of her with her pen.

The Art Committee member turned around and confirmed it to Gu Xi.

"So, Gu Xi, have you decided what you are going to perform yet?"

"Hmm, not yet." Gu Xi shook her head and then asked. "What do people normally perform in the past?"

"Singing, dancing, magic. Whatever you want," said the Art Committee member.

"What did our class do as a group in the past?" asked Gu Xi again.

"Em......" The Art Committee member exchanged a look with Dong Mingming and had an embarrassed look on her, "Poem recital."

"Our class's main focus was academic. Everything else is secondary. Oh hahaha." Dong Mingming went on to explain but, the more she talked, the more guilty she felt.

They had wanted to do a group dance last semester but they were not able to gather enough talents.

"Well, what kind of talents do you have, Gu Xi?" asked Dong Mingming.

Gu Xi thought about it some and shook her head – what a coincident. It seemed her strength, too, was in studying.

"What should we do then?"

"Maybe Gu Xi can do a poem recital as well?" Dong Mingming suggested in a low voice.

"That's too formal?" said the girl from the Art Committee.

Their class performing a poem recital among other performance was one thing. It could be considered as a filler program. But Gu Xi was going to be the closing performance.

With all eyes on her, and poem recital... solo poem recital at that......

That was unimaginable.