Finding My Father - CH 091

Chapter 91 - What happened? Why did Gu Shao sign up to the competition? (3)

Gu Xi completed another set of examination questions before she put her draft papers away and logged into the webpage of Tianchuang Competition to check on the latest updates.

Seeing that her status was now [approved], Gu Xi let out a sigh of relief.

What she didn't know was that owing to her registration, the upper management of the competition had just adjourned a secret conference.

– A few hours ago, the worker responsible for the reviewing of the contestant's information for Tianchuang Competition was startled by the registration information from "Gu Shao". He thought he read it wrong.

He tripled checked the information and learned that all information of said contestant from his name, his personal information, to any other information were all identical to those of the boss with "the same name".

The reviewer was stunned and escalated the matter up to his superior.

Upon receiving the news, all the upper management of the competition were also stunned and dumbfounded.

– What was going on? Gu Shao, Boss Gu, registered for the competition?

Even though at this point in time Tianchuang Competition had only announced their business partners but not the official partners but NTN Technology Center was one of the hosts.

To put it bluntly, the competition was there to service NTN. During the competition, the outstanding projects would receive investments from NTN. The winning project would further be acquired by NTN and have its own individual research and development laboratory.

As far as they knew, Gu Shao was the one who proposed the Tianchuang Competition idea in the first place.

The person who set the rules joined the competition in person?

That made no sense no matter how they looked at it.

"Could it be that Boss Gu intend to test out the process's overall reasonability and stability?" Someone speculated.

"So are we approving him or not?"

"Of course we are going to approve him. We have to if Boss Gu's intention is to monitor our evaluation process. Besides, Boss Gu used his own personal information. There's nothing wrong with that either," said one of them.

The lead manager nodded as well. "Let's approve him per our routine process. I will be heading over to NTN for a meeting two days from now. I will confirm with Boss Gu his intention to monitor then."

***

As such, Gu Xi was approved easily and in a convoluted way.

Gu Xi browsed a little longer on the competition's official forum and read some professional discussions on there. They gave her new ideas and she wanted to discuss them with [AAA] and [Lin].

Lo and behold, the noises outside her room, coming from the living room caught her attention. Surprised, she turned her computer and her lights off as fast as she could, dashed over to her bed and crawled under her blanket.

The entire process was one fell swoop.

Outside of her room, Gu Shao noticed the light coming through the crack under Gu Xi's room door darkened immediately. He frowned.

– Why was she still up at this hour?

Should he come up with some way to control her schedule? Especially when he was too busy to tend to it?

Thought Gu Shao to himself.

Hiding underneath her blanket inside her room, Gu Xi curled up under her blanket and listened attentively to the noises outside. Hearing that everything was normal, she finally let out a sigh of relief and patted herself on her chest.

Lucky she was not caught.

***

At school the next day.

After their second classes in the afternoon, the 8 who were picked to participate in the competition was arranged into a room for their testing.

This classroom had been set up exactly like the format of the venue of the competition – each spot was separated by baffles so contestants could not distract each other.

As the outcome of this testing would determine the teaming and timing of when they would compete during the course of the competition, everybody took this very seriously.

With the exception of...... Gu Chenyi.

"Testing? What testing?" Gu Chenyi looked baffled.

This boy spent all his time thinking about how to earn their Xixi's fondness the entire time the dean was explaining about the teaming and testing yesterday. He did not hear a word about this.

Being summoned here, Gu Chenyi had nothing with him with the exception of the basketball that he brought with him straight from the basketball court.

Gu Xi looked over at Gu Chenyi.

Ever since she had figured out that Gu Chenyi was family, he seemed much more delicate-looking to her.

And, with the "family filter", she found him more cute than foolish.