Finding My Father - CH 042

Chapter 42 - "This is some information that I was able to gather." (3)

The few walked inside the Lin's residence.

There were never a lot of signs that Lin Xi was a part of this family and now, there were even less.

All of the servants had been sent away from the living room.

Gu Nian and Lin Yize sat on both sides of the couch and neither one of them talked. The atmosphere was very tensed.

Lin Xi stealthily looked from one of them to the other and then back to the first one.

From an objective perspective, Lin Xi felt that Gu Shao's aura was every bit as strong as Lin Yize's.

And he was handsomer than Lin Yize to top.

Lin Xi could swear that she did not fell that way only because she had on a "real father" filter.

She recalled the two's abilities, status, and family background. They seemed to be comparable.

Gu Shao even had more proper morals than the old Lin Yize.

As such, why was it that Lin Yize was the male lead and that Gu Shao was doomed to be taken care of by him?

Lin Xi found that very unjust.

She had no idea when she started siding with Gu Shao in her subconscious.

***

Drumming on the armrest of the couch, Lin Yize was the first to start. "Boss Gu's assistant had informed us over the phone yesterday that Boss Gu's purpose of visit today is to transfer out Xiao Xi's household register. That being said, why would we just take your words that you are Xiao Xi's father?"

Upon hearing that, Gu Shao said nonchalantly, "I am not in the business of raising someone's child."

Translation: He only made the trip there because Lin Xi was his child.

Nobody knew for sure whether there was subtext in his words but Gu Shao's words made the members of the Lin family changed colors.

-- Was he mocking him?

Lin Yize narrowed his eyes and a sense of viciousness flashed passed them.

"Is that so? I guess congratulations are in order," said Lin Yize without letting his true feelings show. He paused for a little bit then said, "That being said, my wife carried her for 10 months and gave birth to her. I love my wife and this child."

Lin Yize's words did not make Lin Xi feel touched. Quite the contrary, it gave her chills down her spine.

Lin Yize went on, "Xiao Xi had been living with us for 14 years and has always been a part of this family. It didn't seem right that Boss Gu wants to just take her away from us like this. Besides, I need to have my wife and my child's best interest in mind as well."

Translation: Their family had feelings for Lin Xi and he did not want to let her leave.

Xu Jiaofeng was baffled when she heard Lin Yize's words: Lin Xi being in their family was always going to be a hassle, a problem. Now that the opportunity arose for them to get rid of her, isn't that wonderful? Why was it that her son wanted to keep the girl?

Not only Xu Jiaofeng, even Song Kexin was baffled by Lin Yize's intention. From where she stood, if this child was willing to leave with her birth father and that Gu Shao was willing to raise her, then letting her leave this family with Gu Shao wasn't a bad idea at all.

***

Lin Xi, too, gave Lin Yize a strange look. She had no idea what was up with him either.

Lin Xi subconsciously recalled that terrible dream of hers and how Lin Yize appeared at the very end of it. She shuddered. She wondered whether Lin Yize's odd attitude had anything to do with her dream.

Gu Shao still didn't show much reactions.

"Boss Lin feels that it's better for Lin Xi to stay at the Lin's?"

"Of course."

Lin Xi seemed to have heard a snicker coming from Gu Shao before he pulled out a stack of papers from the document folder in his hand and placed them in front of Lin Yize.

"This is some information that I was able to gather."