Finding My Father - CH 048

Chapter 48 - Was that why she was fawning over him? (1)

The commotion from the others made Zhang Qiang realized that he had gone overboard with the bragging. The person was gone already. How was he going to show these people anything? Not to mention that he still remembered what Lin Xi had said about pressing charges against him.

Zhang Qiang was half way sobered up instantly. He was, however, still feeling a little dizzy.

"What is there to see? You want to get arrested?" Zhang Qiang shouted and grumbled, "I will be done for if she brings the recording to the cops..."

The crowd didn't really understand the second part of what he said.

What he said was unclear. Throwing in the fact that Zhang Qiang was drunk, the others only assumed that he was just rambling and nobody paid it much attention.

***

"That's all we were able to get for now. So far we have no idea what is this recording that they were referring to," said Wang Wu over the phone.

After listening to Wang Wu's report, Gu Shao lowered his eyes. Reflexively, he recalled the audio document on Lin Xi's cellphone named "evidence".

"Keep digging," said Gu Shao before he hung up.

The study fell back into silence.

As though hesitated for a long time, Gu Shao finally picked up his phone again and dialed a different number.

"Zou Hua." He was one of Gu Shao's old acquaintances and currently NTN Technology Center's information technology expert.

"Something's the matter, Lao Gu? It is late." Please don't tell him he needed some work done right now.

While Zou Hua was feeling nervous, Gu Shao asked in a low voice, "How long will it take to capture a certain message in a mobile device?"

"That's not difficult at all. If you have the device number or the ip, no time at all," said Zou Hua.

"That's normally speaking, though. If the device was set to 'do not access', then it will take a longer time."

"How long?" asked Gu Shao.

"Well. That's not a matter of technology. Mostly it's a matter of whether it is legal to obtain this data."

Gu Shao's eyes flickered a little. "Well, what if we are capturing the data while it is being synced between two devices?"

Zou Hua paused a little and said, "Now you are talking about a loophole. That's the wild, wild west right now. Theoretically, data being synced will be stored for three days. It will be possible to capture this data within these three days."

Nevertheless, what was it that Gu Shao wanted to look into? To have him reaching out to an expert like himself...

That was what was going through Zou Hua's after he had ended the call.

At this very moment, Zou Hua received a string of ip numbers on his cellphone.

***

On the other side.

Wang Wu was summoned over to the Gu family again after was done with his reporting.

Inside the study of the Gu residence, Old Mr. Gu, sitting in front of the desk, looked progressively more unhappy.

BAM!

Before Wang Wu was even done, he saw Old Mr. Gu slammed his purple clay thermal cup onto the desk.

"What is wrong with this Lin family?!

"Their child is a child but our Xixi is not one?" Old Mr. Gu was enraged.

"Nobody is forcing them to like her. Our Xixi doesn't need them to like her. But couldn't they have just sent her our way if they didn't like her? Why did they keep Xixi there to suffer?

"I suspect they are all bad people and wanted to torture her purposefully. Then that's the child's birth mother. Don't even get me started on her. And that grandmother. Hrm. None of them are good people!

"And they tried to send our Xixi to be raised in a village? What the heck was that?!"

Old Mr. Gu got angrier as he talked.

Wang Wu, facing the angry Old Mr. Gu, lowered his head slightly and wiped away his cold sweat. This was the first time he saw Old Mr. Gu talked so much and looking so emotional.

That ought to give him an idea of how angry Old Mr. Gu, who had been very high up in status all these years, was.

And he only related to Old Mr. Gu the portions that had been filtered and approved by Gu Shao.

Old Mr. Gu only knew that little Miss Xi had not been happy while living with the Lin family and that the Lin family played favoritism with their children. Had Old Mr. Gu knew about everything, he would most likely be putting a team together to take out the Lin family right about now.

"Go look into that Lin family and their company. Pay particular attention on what they might have done that were illegal. Leave no rocks unturned." Old Mr. Gu gave the order looking extremely angry.

Wang Wu was taken aback a little and replied, "Sir is already on these."

Upon hearing that, Old Mr. Gu glared at Wang Wu, "How is that the same?"

Gu Shao would take care of things from his end but him, as the Grandpa, must do his fair share as well.

That night, everybody had their own thoughts on their minds.