Finding My Father - CH 107

Chapter 107 - "Equipment testing," said Gu Shao in all seriousness. (3)

Over in a reception room in the experimental teaching area.

Gu Shao, who had just received the text pulled his phone out and glanced at it. A tenderness flashed past his eyes. He thought about it some and replied with a "Good job."

"Carry on." Gu Shao looked at the individuals in front of him after he put his phone away.

Sitting across from Gu Shao was the host of the Joint Science Competition.

"Our paperless testing model is a huge success. The system is stable right now and the competitors, once they had gotten used to it, gave very positive feedbacks......" said Boss Zhou, the responsible party for the joint competition. His attitude toward Gu Shao was respectful.

Professor Gu was highly reputable in the education field in City B and was also one of the initiators to revolutionize the way testing is conducted in China. In addition, both the equipment and the system that they were using for the paperless testing were provided by a research facility under NTN. As such, it only made sense that Boss Zhou was respectful to Gu Shao.

Gu Shao nodded after hearing Boss Zhou's words.

"There will be parents coming to watch the competition on site tomorrow?" asked Gu Shao. He seemed to recall Gu Xi mentioning it.

Boss Zhou nodded. "That's correct. Specifically, they are here for the award ceremony."

Pausing a little, Boss Zhou provided more details to Gu Shao – the competition was opened to the public. As such, many parents would come to watch or pick up their children. Many would even arrive early so the organizer decided to set up a waiting area for these parents within the experimental teaching area.

In addition to parents, there would also be scouts from some senior high schools or training institution. Their purpose was to discover students with high potentials.

Gu Shao lowered his eyes and pondered after listening to the explanation.

"If that was the case, we can add a connected devise in the rest area and the waiting area so the audiences can watch the competition live." Gu Shao shared his idea.

Boss Zhou was taken aback a little.

Adding a connected device was not a problem.

But......

"What is the purpose of doing so?" asked Boss Zhou? This was just a science competition with several school participating. It didn't seem like they would need live broadcast of the situation?

Gu Shao gave him a nonchalant look but did not elaborate. He only said concisely and seriously, "Equipment testing."

Boss Zhou and the others got it now and they agreed. "Oh, so Professor Gu and your team want to conduct some equipment testing? That's not a problem, we will work with you in any way necessary."

Gu Shao nodded and asked as though caringly. "How many years have this competition been around?"

Boss Zhou thought about it a little and said, "Over 30 years since its inception. It started as academic exchange among a few participating schools and slowly turned into a competition format. It had been 11 ~ 12 years since the current format had been adopted."

"The scores of the competition were never announced?"

"That, no." Boss Zhou paused a little before he added. "It was just a competition between junior high school students. It doesn't draw as much attention as say some of the international or national competitions. As such, we only provide the scores to the schools afterward."

"You don't have individual scores?" asked Gu Shao.

"We do have that but the format of our competition is slightly different than others. We emphasize on teamwork so we only provide the total scores of each team. We only keep the individual scores for references."

"Do you have past scores?"

"We do. Those will be easy to pull up." As he talked, Boss Zhou quickly connected to their intranet and brought up the schools and individual grades from previous years.

Gu Shao quickly spotted the score under "Gu Xi – Liming High School". It was a beautiful score, especially the very last section. She scored much higher than everyone else.

"Not bad," said Gu Shao.

Boss Zhou and the few around him did not notice the not-so-obvious pride that flashed past Gu Shao's eyes. They thought Gu Shao was commenting on their work. They quickly nodded and said humbly, "We still have a lot of room for learning and improvement. Any suggestions that Professor Gu may have are very welcomed."

"It should be fine making past score, including individual ones, publicly available," said Gu Shao.

Boss Zhou and the rest were a bit surprised by that suggestion: Is that really a good idea?

Nevertheless, they put Gu Shao's suggestion under serious consideration.