Finding My Father - CH 162

Chapter 162 - There were a lot of girls there, most of them there for Sheng Xiuyan. (4)

When it was half time, Gu Chenyi walked straight toward Gu Xi with a grin on him.

"So what do you think? Am I great or am I great?" asked Gu Chenyi when he reached Gu Xi.

An image of a husky wagging its tail inexplicably popped into Gu Xi's head when she saw the praise-me-pay-me-compliments look on Gu Chenyi. Gu Xi found that somewhat comical.

"Mmhmm, mmhmm. Very good. Very good." Gu Xi nodded with a smile. Her reply might be somewhat perfunctory but not so much her actions. As she talked, Gu Xi also lifted her hand to pat Gu Chenyi on his head.

For once, not only did Gu Chenyi not avoid her this time, he even bent down some to make it easier for Gu Xi to reach his head.

Nevertheless, when Gu Xi got a handful of sweat, her encouraging look suddenly turned into a resentful look.

"You did well," said Gu Xi as she subtly wiped her hand on Gu Chenyi's shirt.

And...... still ended up with a handful of sweat.

Gu Xi's actions made Gu Chenyi felt blue. Must she be that obvious even if she found that resentful?

The very next second, however, Gu Chenyi saw Gu Xi pulling out a pack of tissue from her backpack.

"You didn't tell me ahead of time so all I have is tissues this time. I will bring you a towel next time," said Gu Xi as she handed the tissues over to Gu Chenyi.

"Hehe, alright."

The bright smile on Gu Chenyi truly made him looked a little silly.

He, himself, was not aware of that at all and, in fact, he was a bit showy about it.

"Oh right, did you take some pictures for me?" asked Gu Chenyi.

"Yes, I did. Lots of them. I posted the best ones to our group already." Having said that, something just occurred to Gu Xi and she couldn't help but chuckled. She looked at Gu Chenyi with an intentional seriousness and said to him, "Little [older] brother said you looked ugly."

Gu Chenyi snapped when he heard that. "He's ugly."

Then, after a hrumphed, he added, "He was just being jealous."

Having said that, Gu Chenyi took over Gu Xi's cellphone and @ Gu Yanxiao in their group with the response: [Lucky you weren't here. You just might have affected my performances.]

Gu Chenyi felt much better after he was done posting that. He pointed at the score board and bragged to Gu Xi. "Look over there. I scored 16 out of the 48 points."

Gu Xi was a bit surprised. She didn't pay close attention to what was scoring and didn't know that Gu Chenyi had scored so much by himself.

***

Right then, Sheng Xiuyan walked past the two and said, nonchalantly, "I scored 18 of them."

And, just like that, he had successfully turned Gu Chenyi's face darked.

"You wouldn't have scored 18 points had I not passed that last one to you." Gu Chenyi added grumpily.

Sheng Xiuyan was going to throw down a retort but, the moment he met Gu Xi's eyes, he stiffened a little before he quickly looked and walked away.

Gu Chenyi, left behind, had a dubious look on him. "What was his problem today? He didn't retort?" Something wasn't right.

Gu Xi, "Do you want some water?"

Gu Chenyi, "Yes!"

Gu Chenyi, "Oh right. Let's have a photo together." He wanted to post it to the group to provoke Gu Yanxiao.

"Keep your distance from me."

Gu YuanChen, "......." And, just like that, she found him resentful again.

Gu Xi smiled awkwardly at Gu Chenyi's aggrieved look. "The second half is about to start. You should go back. Good luck~"

***

Second half of the basketball game.

Gu Chenyi was the first to get his hand on the basketball.

When his palm touched the ball, Gu Chenyi was able to precisely smacked the ball in his teammates' direction.

When everyone spread out, Gu Chenyi took his time to wave in Gu Xi's direction.

"Be care––" Gu Xi didn't even finish what she was saying before the ball was smacked into Gu Chenyi's back. He almost lost balance and fell forward.

"What do you think you are doing, Sheng Xiuyan?!"

"It slipped out of my hand," said Sheng Xiuyan.

Gu Chenyi: Yeah, right.

Sheng Xiuyan, on the other hand, ignored Gu Chengli and got the ball back from their opponents.