Finding My Father - CH 035

Chapter 35 - She quickly sent over the pictures that she had taken. (3)

Aunty Mei showed Lin Xi to the dining room.

Lin Xi thought the dinner that Aunty Mei was talking about was just a few regular dishes. Lo and behold, the second that she walked inside of the dining room, Lin Xi thought she was looking at the Manchu-Han Imperial Feast.

"... ..." Just the two of them plus Grandma Mei. Were they overdoing it a bit with this much food?

Seeing the surprised look o Lin Xi, Aunty Mei quickly explained, "It was my first time cooking for Little Miss Xin and I didn't know what you like. So I made a little of everything."

Truth was, when she was preparing dinner, Aunty Mei wanted to make everything for Lin Xi and inadvertently made all the dishes that she was good at.

"Just pick the ones that you like.

"What do you usually like, Little Miss Xi?" asked Aunty Mei.

"I can do anything," said Lin Xi.

"Ah, you are not a picky eater. That is wonderful."

Lin Xi, "... ..." What kind of filter is that?

"Anything you like in particular?" asked Aunty Mei again. "Do you prefer sweet or savory dishes?"

Lin Xi thought about it some and said, "Sweet."

"Can you eat spicy food?"

Lin Xi shook her head.

"What about sweet and sour?"

"Yes." Lin Xi nodded.

Aunty Mei smiled and said, "little Miss Xi's taste is exactly the same as that of Old Sir."

Lin Xi didn't know who was this "Old Sir" that she was referring to but she certainly seemed to have some knowledge of herself and Gu Shao.

Did they know each other from before?

Lin Xi thought to herself as she ate.

That being said, Aunty Mei's cooking was amazing. Lin Xi felt that her cooking was even better than those of the 5-star chefs that Song Kexin had hired in the past.

***

On this end, seeing that Lin Xi enjoyed her cooking, Aunty Mei's smile deepened.

When neither Gu Shao nor Lin Xi were paying attention, Aunty Mei pulled up her cellphone and snapped a picture of Lin Xi.

After dinner, Gu Shao went over to his study for a call and Lin Xi stood up to help with the dishes.

Aunty Mei stopped her right away.

"No, no, little Miss Xi. Let me."

"It's alright. I can at least help you bring them into the kitchen." Lin Xi was well aware that she was staying under someone else's roof.

Seeing that Lin Xi had already picked up the bowls and dishes and walked into the kitchen, there was not much more that Aunty Mei could do to stop her.