Finding My Father - CH 161

Chapter 161 - There were a lot of girls there, most of them there for Sheng Xiuyan. (3)

"Is it between our class and Class #17?" Gu Xi noticed that those from their class and Gu Chenyi's class were of the majority, although there were plenty from other classes as well.

"Of course not," said Dong Mingming. She pointed at those at the wait area and said, "Look, those are from the junior class."

"Today is the competition between sophomores and juniors." It was just a friendly match and the outcome would not be recorded in each class's individual record. Nevertheless! It was definitely a game that attracted a lot of attention.

Each sophomore and junior class would send their best players to form a team.

"Both Sheng Xiuyan and Gu Chenyi will be playing in the same game. Do you have any idea how rare of an event that is?" Especially when the two were on the same team!

Dong Mingming educated Gu Xi on the basketball legend of their generation with excitement.

Having said that, Dong Mingming signed regretfully. "Too bad Gu Yanxiao won't be here today. That would have been perfect."

Gu Yanxiao......

Gu Xi had already read about that in their group chat.

It seemed that Gu Yanxiao had pulled some grand actions during chemistry class and almost blew up the laboratory. His punishment sentenced by the teacher was to stay behind and clean up after himself.

Gu Yanxiao, however, stressed repeatedly in their chat group that everything was under control the entire time and that the teacher was overreacting......

"Well, Jie Feng from Class #6 isn't half bad either, hehe," grumbled Dong Mingming with a look of a little fangirl on her.

Regardless, Gu Xi now had a better idea why there were so many people after Dong Mingming's explanation.

She turned and looked behind her and, sure enough, most of the audiences were girls and obviously came for Sheng Xiuyan and the others. Lord only knew whether there were here for the game or the players.

Some even brought lighted signs with them.

Looking at Gu Xi's shocked face, Dong Mingming added, "You have no idea. God Xiu and those two from your Gu family are extremely popular in school. And, let me tell you, had Gu Yanxiao been here to be the center, we would have the perfect team."

Gu Xi nodded as though she was following.

***

The competition began.

With the whistle sounding, the referee tossed the basketball up in the air and, the very next second, Sheng Xiuyan jumped out high and immediately got control of the ball.

His action brought about a round of screams from the audiences.

Almost everyone was screaming "God Xiu" with the exception of Gu Xi, who was still sitting there watching calmly. She didn't seem to fit in with everyone else.

"What you looking at?" asked Dong Mingming curiously as she waved her hand in front of Gu Xi's eyes.

"Looking at Gu YuanChen, of course," said Gu Xi seriously. Why else was she here? She knew nothing about basketball.

Having said that, Gu Xi pulled out her phone, pointed the camera at Gu Chenyi and started snapping all sorts of pictures.

Dong Mingming, "......"

Gu Xi took dozens of pictures and finally picking 10 or so handsomest ones and shared them to their group.

Gu Yanxiao was the first to respond after she had finished posting. He only responded with one word: [Ugly.]

[Gu YuanChen: How far are they into the first half?] Perhaps he could still make the second half.

[Gu Xi: I think it's almost over.]

Gu Xi looked at the countdown and, sure enough, there were only 10 or so seconds left.

She turned and looked at the scoring board and was shocked.

The scores were already at 19 : 48 before she knew it.

Dong Mingming made their team sounded so strong that Gu Xi thought perhaps they could beat the junior class. She hadn't expected them to roll the juniors.

"So is our team too strong or our opponent too weak?" Gu Xi asked Dong Mingming.

"Of course we are too strong. Haha. Too bad Gu Yanxiao wasn't here. The point difference would have been even bigger. We can just swap in our mascot for the second half of the game.

As they chatted, the whistle could be heard again and the first half of the game was over.