Finding My Father - CH 096

Chapter 96 - Gu Xi heard the name "Liming" but she didn't pay it too much attention. (4)

"What?" Gu Chenyi was taken aback a little after he saw the message from Gu Yanxiao before he figured out what he was saying.

"Oh shoot! It's all over!" He had shared in the wrong chat group!

He meant to send to the [One Happy Family], the one without his Second Uncle, but his hand slipped and clicked on [Big Happy Family], the one with Gu Shao.

In addition, there were also [Making the Family Happy] and [Big Happy Clan], which excluded his Big Uncle and his father, respectively. Old Mr. Gu was the one who named all of them.

Gu Chenyi couldn't figure out why his grandfather must make the names so similar! Was he not worried that he would share to the wrong group when he badmouthed a certain son of his?!

Now that two minutes had passed, it was too late to recall his message.

As such, Gu Chenyi received his first ever private message from his Second Uncle.

[Stay out of trouble, the two of you.]

It was a very simple sentence but Gu Chenyi could feel the threat from the other end of the phone.

[Yes, Second Uncle. I will keep an eye out on Xixi.]

[Gu Shao: I am talking about you.]

[Oh me? I am fine......] Gu Chenyi replied with a guilty conscience.

Gu Shao did not say anything else but sent Gu Chenyi some money.

Looking at the money that just showed up out of nowhere, Gu Chenyi was stunned: This was the first time he received spending money from his Second Uncle other than from red envelopes over New Year time!

Wait, no, this is the budget for taking care of Xixi.

***

The car arrived at their destination quickly.

The responsible teacher said to them, "We will be staying at the Maple Leave Hotel."

In order to maintain the fairness of the competition and also have earn some exposures, the annual competition normally took place in the comprehensive teaching experimental area in the urban part of City B. Each school would be responsible for arranging for their own room and board.

For as long as Gu Xi could remember, Maple Leave Hotel was one of the hotels slower to the competition venue.

"Our school was able to book Maple Leave Hotel this time? That's impressive," said a junior from the row behind Gu Xi.

The person sitting next to him said, "They are all about the same, if you ask me."

"I heard that No. 3 and No. 6 High School along with Liming will all be staying here."

......

Gu Xi paused a little when she heard the familiar name "Liming" but she didn't dwell too much on it.

It was only normal for a few schools to be staying at the same hotel.

With the exception of the final award ceremony, the different schools did not mingle with each other. Most of the time they would be readying themselves individually.

After they were done with registration, the piece of gum by the name of Gu Chenyi finally couldn't stick around Gu Xi anymore and Yang Mengmeng finally got her chance of getting close to Gu Xi.

As there were only two girls participating in this competition, Gu Xi and Yang Mengmeng shared the same room.

After some chitchatting, the two became more familiar with each other.

After they had divvied up the bed and organized their luggage, Yang Mengmeng finally couldn't help but asked curiously, "School Sister Gu Xi, what is the relationship between you and Gu Chenyi?"

Yang Mengmeng was being subtle but, given the gossipy look on her, her meaning was quite obvious.

Unfortunately, Gu Xi was focused on taking care of the very weighty "care" from Aunty Mei and missed the wink from Yang Mengmeng.

"Huh? What?" Gu Xi looked up and gave Yang Mengmeng a baffled look.

Yang Mengmeng thought Gu Xi didn't get what she meant so she repeated, "I mean, you two look close."

Upon hearing that, Gu Xi paused a little. She then smiled and nodded. "Yes, we are quite close."

The family filter made her quite fond of Gu Chenyi.

Yang Mengmeng's eyes lit up after she heard Gu Xi's words. She followed up excitedly, "Kekeke, so you two are dating?"

Why else would Gu Chenyi be so nice to her if they weren't a couple.

"Puuf cough cough......" Gu Xi also spit her water out after she heard Yang Mengmeng. What was she talking about? Girl, you have some active imagination there.

Gu Xi gave Yang Mengmeng a helpless look, smiled, and clarified, "We are close because we are family."

Yang Mengmeng was enlightened by that. "Oooh, I see......"

Yang Mengmeng gave Gu Xi an awkward smile. "I almost misunderstood." But what was that slight disappointment that she was feeling just now?

"So you are cousins [on the mother's side]?" asked Yang Mengmeng again curiously.

Gu Xi thought about it some, "I think on the father side......"

"Oh, right!" That reminded Yang Mengmeng. If both their surnames were "Gu", naturally that should be the father side.

"So he's your older cousin then. Kekeke," said Yang Mengmeng.

Gu Xi didn't respond. Something had just occurred to her. She did know for sure that Gu Chenyi was the older one of the two.

Gu Shao only mentioned that they were about the same age. He didn't specifically say which one of them was older.