Finding My Father - CH 066

Chapter 66 - "You tell him. If he doesn't come back then, he never needs to come back again." (2)

When Uncle Zhou, the butler, saw that, he quickly came to comfort Old Mr. Gu. "Sir, that happened a long time ago and you shouldn't let it bother you anymore. What had happened back then, was nobody's fault." Besides, he had a feeling that Gu Shao had already found out about the truth and possibly knew of more details than even Old Mr. Gu.

He had a feeling that Gu Shao didn't truly blame Old Mr. Gu for that.

Perhaps... perhaps Gu Shao had other reasons...

"Yeah, what's in the past is in the past," said Old Mr. Gu before he let out a deep, long sigh. "It was just that our little princess ended it on someone else's household register."

Butler Zhou wanted to chuckle when he heard that: Her household register was transferred under Second Young Sir's. How was that "someone else"?

"I am sure that Second Young Sir only wanted to protect the young miss." Butler Zhou carried on to say: After all, the Gu family was too big and attracted too much attention.

Old Mr. Gu wasn't too happy upon hearing that. "Protect? Are you saying that we can't protect her then? The Gu family didn't that all those craziness like we did before now."

Old Mr. Gu got upset all over again. Nevertheless, it didn't take him long to "cure" himself.

"Gu Xi. Cherish the time when one is young. Mmm. Good. That's a good name. Haha." Old Mr. Gu cheered up again while thinking about Gu Xi's new name.

Butler Zhou, to one side, grumbled to himself: It wasn't that the name was great. As long as it was his granddaughter's name, any name would be a great name.

The other friends of Old Mr. Gu in his friend's circle had no idea what had gotten into Gu Qinghua – he had been practicing his calligraphy all of a sudden and even taken pictures of his work and posted them into his friend's circle.

Old Mr. Chen, from the other end, saw Old Mr. Gu's post and grumbled, "Hrm. Why was that Gu Qinghua showing off his awful calligraphy? And the only character he kept writing over and over again was 'Xi'."

***

Before Old Mr. Gu had even finished showing off, Gu Yanlin had returned with suitcase upon suitcase of stuff.

Looking at the "cold and empty" house, Gu Yanlin was surprised: That wasn't exactly the picture that he had envisioned.

"Second Uncle and Xixi hadn't been back yet?" Gu Yanlin asked Aunty Wang next to him.

"No, not yet," said Aunty Wang.

Gu Yanlin was disappointed. The were limited flights between the two countries and tickets were difficult to come by. He had to pay a large amount for someone to cancel their ticket so he was able to fly back. Lo and behold, there was no soft and cute little sister at home!

"Did they say when they are coming back?"

Aunty Wang, "... ..." She had no idea. Not even the old sir knew when second young sir would be coming.

This was the very first time she saw Young Sir Lin caring so much about something.

Aunty Wang wiped away her non-existing sweat, thought about it some, and changed the subject. "You just got off the plane, right, Young Sir Lin. Let me have someone else you bring your luggage up."

– That was odd. Young Sir Lin only had one suitcase with him when he left the country but he returned with six?

"That won't be necessary." Gu Yanlin declined her offer. "I will bring them upstairs myself in a little while."

Having said that, he pointed at the other six suitcases and said, "There is no need to bring these upstairs. Just leave them in the storage for now."

These were the gifts that he had brought back for his little sister from Country E.

"Oh, never mind. I'll do it myself."

As though worry that someone else would damage them, Gu Yanlin finally placed all of the gifts into the storage personally.

Then he headed over to Old Mr. Gu's study.

When he saw Old Mr. Gu, the first thing he said wasn't how Old Mr. Gu had been but, "Second Uncle hasn't come to pick up the household register yet?"

Old Mr. Gu had said in one of the chatgroup that Gu Shao wasn't in that Gu Shao would be coming to add Gu Xi to their household register.

"... ..." Old Mr. Gu, who had just got over his anger, refused to bring up this sad, sad matter.

Gu Yanlin had it figured out now. He cleared his throat and said, "It's great that Second Uncle had found little sister. Why don't we have him over for dinner?"

Old Mr. Gu gave Gu Yanlin a stare and said, "Hrm. If you can make him do it, go right ahead."

Having said that, Old Mr. Gu still summoned Butler Zhou after Gu Yanlin had excused hiself, "Go give that jerk a call and told him that Mid-autumn festival is in two weeks and have him come for dinner. And, tell him that if he doesn't come then, to never come again.

"HRM!"