Finding My Father - CH 165

Chapter 165 - "Dad, am I ugly in the photo?" (3)

Gu Chenyi didn't quite get what Gu Xi had in mind but he saw that Gu Xi had taken a screen shot of the "ugly photo", saved it, and swapped out her WeChat profile with it.

"You are trying to......"

"Haven't you ever heard of the saying that things will turn white after the deepest of black?" Gu Xi winked at Gu Chenyi. There was a hint of wickedness in her eyes.

Besides, without the contrast, Gu Xi noticed that the photo wasn't that awful once it was used as her WeChat profile photo?

Seeing that Gu Chenyi wanted to say something more, Gu Xi patted him on his shoulder and said, "Don't worry. This is nothing. Go change and let's head home."

Gu Chenyi finally nodded when he saw that Gu Xi wasn't just pretending to be fine.

***

Gu Xi was brought home by Gu Shao after dinner.

She received a message in their small chatgroup shortly after she had arrived home.

[Gu Yanxiao: Come Xixi, check out your little [big] brother's new profile picture. Am I handsome or am I handsome?]

Gu Xi clicked on Gu Yanxiao's profile photo and noticed that he had switched to an identical one as hers.

To be precise, he had on the same headgear as Gu Xi and the picture was taken from the same angle with the same expression on him.

And not just Gu Yanxiao. Gu Chenyi and Gu Yanlin, too, had switched to the same style ones.

This alien headgear was made by a member of the art club with no skills. He only made it to fulfill his obligation. It was uniquely ugly.

It had taken Gu Yanxiao quite a while to locate this headgear within a pile of stuff that the art club had not yet had a chance to throw out.

Shortly, Gu Yanxiao posted another photo.

He had put all four pictures of their heads in the same picture and added stick figure drawings as their bodies. They looked like the same person at first glance with the exception that Gu Xi's one had a little pink flower added on top of her headgear.

This was an animated gift and the four little figures were twisting and dancing in a bizarre way.

Gu Xi also spit out her orange juice from laughing at this picture.

***

When Gu Shao came over, he saw Gu Xi sitting in her room and smiling like a fool while looking at her cellphone.

"What's the matter?" He asked.

"Hmm. Look at this picture." Gu Xi bounced from her bed to the door and showed her phone to Gu Shao.

"Do you find me ugly in this picture, Dad?" asked Gu Xi.

Gu Shao glanced over at the picture and said neutrally, "No."

But the other three boys were a bit ugly.

Added Gu Shao quietly.

"Hehe, I think so too." Gu Xi continued to be amused. Perhaps because it was so comical that she no longer found it ugly.

"Oh right." Something else had occurred to her and Gu Xi added, "I want to sign up for a youth innovation competition. Is that okay, Dad?"

"The SL Youth Science and Technology Innovation Competition?" asked Gu Shao. This is one of the youth competitions that A University focused on.

"Uh huh." Gu Xi nodded.

Gu Shao seemed to have given it some thoughts.

He had no idea why this girl was so eager to join these competitions. It wasn't a big deal for her to joint some competitions but he also didn't want her studying be affected by joining these competitions.

Nevertheless, seeing the anticipation on Gu Xi, Gu Shao finally nodded and said, "Alright."

Gu Xi was very delighted when Gu Shao agreed.

Her excitement lasted just a few seconds before Gu Shao asked her, "Are you done with your homework?"

Gu Xi's smile stiffened. "......"

"Just a little more left. It will take no time at all," said Gu Xi as she quickly put her phone away and ran back to her desk and turned her attention back onto her homework assignments.

"Just a little more?"

"Mmhmm, mmhmm." Gu Xi nodded , pointed at a stack next to her, and said with a guilty conscience, "Just... just these left."

Gu Shao glanced over at the stack of exercise books on the side of Gu Xi's desk and then at the time. His eyes flickered but he didn't say anything.

"C'mon by after you are done."

"Okay."