Chapter 5

Gates pov...
"First off well done Mr Castle you are now Detective Castle the official ceremony will be in two days time with all the other new detectives."

"Thank you sir" was all he said so I moved on.

"Now detective Beckett all your tests came back and they were all perfect apart from one". I could see she was getting nervous so I just said it "detective you are pregnant".

Beckett's pov...
Wow did I hear that right, looking at Castle face of surprise than happiness I guess I did. I was thinking how did I not notice when Castle gave me a big hug.

When Gates cleared her throat he stopped and we looked at her all she said was "I take it Castle's the father".

"Yes sir, we are also engaged will we still be able to work together?" I asked her.

Her response surprised me she said "Yes, I did guess you two were finally together and the mayor has allowed you two to work together as long as there is no inappropriate behaviour".

"Yes sir" both me and Castle responded. We were given the next two days off as long as we finished today. We had the next day to ourselves and the following was the ceremony were Castle is officially appointed detective.

We walked back to my desk with the biggest of smiles.