Chapter 8

Beckett pov...
It's quiet for a while then my dad breaks the silence by saying "when did this happen" in a stern voice.

Luckily Castle responds for me and says "well sir I proposed last night and we found out at work today that I had been accepted as a detective and as Kate was having her job renewal coming up she had to do all the tests which is how we found out she was pregnant.

What happened next was surprising my dad went from stern to overjoyed "Katie that's fantastic and Rick you call me Jim or even dad if you want".

It was not at all what I was expecting to happen then Alexis hugged me and said "yay you are finally becoming my mum and bringing a little sibling into the family, I'm so happy for you guys mum".
"Me too you just called me mum, you accept me as part of the family and your not upset about a younger sibling".
She responded with "of course mum you are more of a mum to me than my real mum was and I am happy as you are much nicer, also you have been part of this family for a while now and I have always wanted a sibling".

I was so happy at what she had said then Martha added on "Katherine darling you have been part of this family practically the day Richard met you".

I was so happy I gave castle a big hug and then they joined in.
Once the hug ended my dad had to go but said he would call soon. Castle and I went home to my apartment after saying goodbye to Alexis and Martha and saying that we can have a movie day tomorrow.