Chapter 29

Castle pov...

The twins are five months old now. They roll over they grab onto objects and babble talk. They are good at night and will either sleep right through or wake up once for a feed.

Today Kate and I start back at work. The twins will be going to the daycare that the prescient has which is good as we know they will be safe and close to us. It will be hard going back to work as we have gotten used to being at home with the children but we do miss the job.

We go in to the prescient and drop the twins off and they cry for us as we leave but you can hear them stop as we walk away more. The daycare teachers must be very good if they got the twins to settle so fast.

We head up to our desks where Ryan, Espo and Lanie welcome us back. We talk for a little bit before Gates walks over and says "good to have you back detectives, instead of a day doing paperwork you have a case"
We nod and Gates goes back to her office while the rest of us go to the scene.

We get to the scene and the vic is 36 year old man, Sam Wayland who was beaten to death in his own house. Lanie says "he was killed in the last hour". Ryan and Espo start canvassing while Kate and I check through the house. We find signs of a struggle in the kitchen and the back door was broken.
The guys come back and we have no witnesses but they found a bloody baton in the street.

We head back to the prescient where the guys set up the murder board and Kate and I talk to the victims wife Ruby.

Ruby was at work at the time of the murder and her co workers can confirm it. Sam was a gym teacher at the local high school.

We talk to people from his work and everyone seemed to like him. We talk to his boss who says he was a good guy, the students liked him and the only trouble that he know Sam had was with his brother Dean.

Ryan and Espo go to Dean's place and it had been cleared out and Dean is running. We put a bolo out and he is found at a subway station.

He is brought in and Rick and I talk to him. He admits to beating his brother as Dean had a crush on Ruby and went on holiday when they got together and was angry when he got back he planned to kill them both but only killed his brother hoping to be with Ruby. Instead he will be coming to prison.
The case is closed now so we fill out paperwork until home time. We go to get Cosmo and Johanna from day care. The teachers smile and one says "they behaved so well"
I smile and think that's good, I was hoping that they wouldn't cause trouble. As they get older they will most likely cause trouble.
We take the twins and say goodbye before going home.