Chapter 18

Beckett pov...
We get up the next day and go into work. We don't have a case a the moment so it will be just paperwork, it will be Castle's first time having to do paperwork as a detective, this should be an interesting day.

Castle and I walk into the bullpen and over to our desks. They are connecting so we can talk. We sit down and get ready to start on the paperwork when Espo, Ryan and Lanie walk over to us.
I look at Lanie and say "what"
She shakes her head and says "don't you what me"
I repeat "what"
She looks a me with a deadly smile and says "how was the ultrasound yesterday, do you find out the twins genders"
I laugh and say "yea, we are having both a girl and a boy"
They all say "congrats" and Lanie hugs me. Before anything else can be said Gates walks out of her office and calls out for Castle and I.
We go into her office and she hands Castle a gun and says congratulations detective you are now fully trained and armed as as senior detective.
She turns to be and says "I believe I heard you say you are having a boy and a girl congratulations, but detective you are five months along if I am correct which means I have to put you on desk duty until you go on maternity leave.
I'm sad that I am stuck on desk duty but know that it means my twins will be safe and won't get hurt if I go out into the field.

We go back to our desks and get a call about a murder. I says "you boys go".
Castle says "he will stay here and Ryan and Espo can handle the scene".
The two guys leave and Lanie says to me "you got put on desk duty didn't you" as more of statement than a question.
She has to go to morgue to wait for the body to arrive, so Castle and I are the only ones left and we set up the murder board for the information that comes in.