Chapter 34

Beckett pov...

Lanie has just finished doing my hair and makeup so her and Martha help me to put on the dress so I don't mess any of it up. Lanie looks at me and says "girl I could almost marry you"
I smile and say "thanks Lanie"
Martha says "I gave you these earrings the last time but here they are again. You are already part of the family and are like my daughter already but now we can make it official"
I hug her and say "thank you Martha, it means a lot"
There is a knock on the door and Lanie opens in and my dad walks in, he looks at me and says "you look amazing"
I say "thanks dad"
Lanie says "no crying Kate, we don't want to mess up my masterpiece"
Everyone laughs and dad say "it's time Katie, you ready"
I nod and say "let's go"

We walk outside and I take a look at the water behind everyone and think I'm glad we picked the Hamptons and it's an amazing view. The music starts and Lanie starts to walk down the aisle first and everyone stands up.

I walk down and the aisle and stand next to Rick, he says "you look amazing"
I say to him "you're not so bad yourself"
The minister starts the ceremony and gets to the vows he says "I believe that they have written their own vows, Rick"

Rick says "The moment we met, my life became extraordinary. You taught me more about myself than I knew there was to learn. You are the joy in my heart. You're the last person I want to see when I close my eyes. I love you, Katherine Beckett, and the mystery of you is the one I want to spend the rest of my life exploring. I promises to love you and be your friend and your partner in crime and life till death do us part and for the time of our lives, always."

The minister says "Katherine"
I say " Rick I'm not an amazing writer like you but I'll try. The moment that I met you, my life became extraordinary. You taught me to be my best self, to look forward to tomorrow's adventure. When I was vulnerable, you were strong. I love you, Richard Castle and I want to live my life in the warmth of your smile and the strength of your embrace. I promise you I will love you. I will be your friend and your partner in crime and in life. Always."
The minister says "Richard Edgar Alexander Rodgers Castle do you take Katherine Houghton Beckett to be your wife through sickness and health, love and hate till death do you part"
Rick says "I do"
The minister says "Katherine Houghton Beckett do you take Richard Edgar Alexander Rodgers Castle to be your husband through sickness and health, love and hate till death do you part"
I say "I do"
The minister says "you may now kiss the bride"
We kiss and as we break away I hear Rick whisper "I have been wanting to do that for so long"
I whisper back "me too"
We walk back down the aisle together with everyone following as we go to a different area of the garden to have dinner and speeches as our reception.

We all eat dinner and the plates are cleared away and the speeches start, my dad is first then Martha and Alexis before Lanie, Ryan, and lastly Espo.
Espo ended his speech towards us and then turns to Lanie and says "all the love today has made me realise that Lanie I don't want to lose you so Lanie Parish will you marry me"
Lanie is in shock but manages to nod and says "yes I will".
Everyone claps and celebrates for them before we move on to dancing. Rick and I go on the dance floor first and the song starts.

We dance till the song ends before Rick walks me over to my dad for the father-daughter dance and I dance with my dad while Rick and Alexis dance together and soon everyone else joins in dancing. As it gets dark the lights get turned on sparkling the garden up. As the music ends fireworks are set off in the sky as a way to end the day.

Authors note...
Sorry for taking so long, I have been really busy lately. The vows were based on the ones said on the show. I hope you liked it.