Chapter 23

Castle pov...
We get to the prescient and wait for Ryan and Espo to tell us the information on the case. After half an hour they get here and say the victims name is Jess Turner she was shot twice in the chest while she was walking home from school. Ryan says "her parents are on the way here"
Beckett nods and says "you and Espo can talk to them.

Ryan pov...

I look at her and ask "you sure?" And she nods. When the parents get here we go into a room to talk. Espo says "Mr and Mrs Turner sorry for your loss". I ask "did Jess have anyone who didn't like her?" Mrs Turner says "I don't know"
Espo asks "do you know who her close friends are?"
Mr Turner say "no, we were more focused on her older sisters who one had moved out and the other caused trouble Jess was good she didn't need is as much"
Espo asks "did she do anything outside of school?"
Mrs Turner says "she attended scouts"
I ask "when does her scout group meet?"
Mr Turner says "tonight at 6:30pm"
We thank them for coming in and they leave. Espo and I go back out to Beckett and Castle and tell them what we found out. Castle says "the scout group meets in an half an hour we should go and talk to some of them"
We nod and Beckett says "I'm going to go home but you three go and Castle can tell me what you find out when he gets home"

At the scout den...
We walk up to the scout leader and ask "did Jess Turner come here?"
He nods and asks "what's this about?"
I say "sorry to say but she was murdered walking home from school today"
He asks "what can I do to help?"
Espo asks "was she close to anyone here?"
He calls over three girls and says "this is Alexa, Olivia and Tamara they were her best friends"
I nod and say "thank you"
Castle asks the girls "can we talk to you outside please?"
They nod so we walk outside and Espo asks "were you three Jess Turner's best friends?"
They nod and Alexa says "what is this about?"
I say "I'm sorry to tell you but she was murdered walking home from school today"
Olivia says "she was killed on her 16th birthday"
Castle says "we didn't know that is their anything you think we should know?"
Tamara says "she was liked at school but wasn't very popular it was just the four of us normally"
I ask "did she have a boyfriend?"
Olivia says "no"
Espo asks "how had she been acting lately?"
Alexa says "she was having problems in school she wasn't very focused as she was dealing with family issues"
I ask "did she tell you what?"
They shake their heads and Olivia says "no but I know things have been really bad for her as Jess was depressed and having anxiety attacks she had also been diagnosed a few months ago with insomnia"
Espo says "her parents never told us that"
Alexa says "yeah her parents didn't know about her mental problems they didn't pay attention to her due to whatever was going on"
Tamara says "Jess once told me she couldn't tell her parents as she thought it might split the family up, that is also why she tried so hard at school"
I say "thank you for your help"
They nod and Espo gives them his card he says "call if you need to or if you think of anyone who might want to hurt her"
They nod and Castle says to them "you three will need to be there for each other to deal with this and it can help to talk to a therapist so you aren't alone"
Alexa says "thank you please find who killed our best friend"
I nod and says "we will I promise"
The girls go inside and we leave. In the car Castle says "I can't believe how much she was going through alone and she didn't feel like she could talk to the parents"
I say "that's just sad"
Espo says "I think we should talk to the parents again tomorrow but it's time to go home now"