Chapter 19

Espo pov...
I'm glad that Beckett didn't come to the scene as the case we got was a murdered woman in her early thirties. The worst part was that she was quite far along in her pregnancy and I guess it was her murderer that cut her baby boy out of her stomach. The baby wasn't breathing when we arrived but we don't know how he died.
The bodies are taken back to the morgue for Lanie to examine and tell us when and how they died.
Ryan and I finish working the scene before canvassing the area, nobody seems to of seen or heard anything.
When we get back to the car I ask Ryan "do you think we should call Castle and see if Beckett can work this case under the circumstances?"
He nods and says "it might be a little too close to home for her".
We call Castle and tell him what the case is, he tells us that he will talk to Beckett and see what she wants to do.

Castle pov...
I just got a call from the guys and our case is a murdered mother to be who had her child cut out of her, I don't know how Beckett will handle this case.
I end the call at look at Beckett, she asks "is everything alright babe?"
I tell her "the case is woman who was murdered and her baby was cut out of her stomach and possibly murdered, the boys didn't know if you could handle the case"
She is shaking and tells me "I'm sorry but I don't think I can"
"It's fine" I tell her "Gates will let you off this case if we asked"
She was smiling and said "let's go ask her then"

We knock on Gates office and she says "come in detectives", we walk in and she asks "what can I do for you?"
Beckett says "sorry Sir but I can't handle the case we got in my situation"
Gates is confused "what's the case?"
I answer and say "a woman was murdered and had her child cut out of her stomach and the baby is now dead"
Gates nods and says "both of you take time of until this case is closed, I don't want to see you here again before then"
Beckett and I both say "thank you Sir" and walk out to go home.

In the car on the way home while Beckett is driving I text Espo and Ryan saying that Kate can't handle the case and Gates has given us both time off until the case is over.  Ryan texts back saying ok and that he will let me know when it's over.

Kate and I arrive home and nobody else is around. I look at her and say "what would you like to do now?"
She grins and says "I don't know"

Surprise Castle ✔️On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara