Chapter 32

Castle pov...

Alexis has been back for two days now but she is always on edge and is being more cautious to see if anyone else is watching them or will try to take her again.
It's hard for things to get back to normal now. I know my dad was making it so we would be safe now.

Kate was called in on a case but Gates has given me this case off so I can be around Alexis. Mother has gone out shopping for the day so it is just Alexis, Cosmo, Johanna and I at home.

The twins are lying on the floor playing with some toys. Alexis sits down next to me and we cuddle together but the doorbell rings so I get up and answer the door and it is a FedEx guy with a package. I get the package and shut the door before sitting back next to Alexis.
I open the package and it's the book Casino Royale, there is a note poking out so I read the note and it says "I am safe and don't worry, now you and your family are safe too"
I show Alexis and she smiles and asks "what's with the book?"
I laugh and say "I was in the library when I was 10 and was looking for a book, a guy came up to me and gave me a copy of this book. This book is part of what inspired me to become a writer and I found out that it was my father who gave me the book all those years ago."
She says "he has been around that long"
I nod and say "he has been watching ever since he found out about me and then he watched you, Kate and now the twins. He checks on us when he can as its too dangerous for him to meet us he has been watching from the shadows.
She says "I'm glad and now from the note, we should be safe now"
I nod and say "we will be safe now, you don't need to worry about it and things will go back to normal soon".