Chapter 16

Beckett pov...
The case was challenging we thought it was the boss that killed Elena as they were caught in a fight the night before her murder but he had an alibi.
We then moved on to it was in of her boyfriends, and we had found seven so far which makes it more difficult to figure out who the murder was as there are more suspects.

At 5:00pm Castle looked up at me from his desk and said that it was time to go home. I was grateful for this as I was so tired. Carrying twins makes you so tired but I wouldn't change it for anything, I can't wait till they are born.

Castle and I get back to the loft and Alexis had made dinner for us. I love her so much and can't believe how lucky I am to have her as part of my family.
After we finish eating Alexis says that she has some news for us "it looks like the homicide solving runs in the family, I just got a job as an intern for Lanie as when I did that for a small amount of time it was so great I have decided to continue that as my career".
I told her "that's great, you will get to be part of the team".
She said "thanks mum"
I couldn't quite tell what Rick was thinking but then he got up and hugged her and said "its great that you want to do that and you are so mature that you can handle the job, you will do so well".
I loved it so much when we had family moments like this, I wonder what they will be like soon when we have the twins.

We watched TV for a while before Alexis said that she would go through sleep now as she starts at work tomorrow and doesn't want to be tired on her first day.

I just realised that we have the next ultrasound tomorrow and we get to find out the genders of the twins. I asked Rick "do you remember what we have tomorrow?".
He laughed and said "of course I do, we have the ultrasound" he paused then asked "what gender do you think they are?"
"I have a weird feeling that they are both boys, what are you hoping they are?"
He responded with "I hope it's both a boy and a girl"
I told him "I was hoping for the same thing at least we get to find out tomorrow"

Authors note...
Sorry for the long wait I will try to update this more if I have time. I hope you liked it.