Chapter 59

Beckett pov...

Castle and I help the others to take their stuff to their rooms. It's a little cramped with Alexis, her boyfriend, Martha, my dad, Lanie, Espo, Lacey, Ryan, Jenny and Sarah-Grace joining Rick, Johanna, Cosmo, Hunter and I at the Hamptons for the weekend. It's New Year's Eve and we thought it would be nice to go to the Hamptons and celebrate.

Once everyone is settled we have something to eat before going outside to play and go to the beach.

When is starts to get cold we head back to the house and go inside. We let the kids play while we talk and cook dinner.

We let the kids play before they have a bath or shower and go to bed for the night.
Once they are asleep we get some drinks, popcorn, candy, and some other snacks before watching some movies.
As it gets close to midnight we turn the tv off, get some drinks, we have champagne, non alcoholic wine, beer and soft drinks so there is something for everyone.

We go outside to the backyard. Lanie, Jenny and I all have a baby monitor to hear of the kids wake up. It doesn't take long before we check the time and start a countdown till midnight. As the clock changes fireworks go off over the water, one of the houses down the road had said they were going to be setting them off.
I kiss Rick and hug everyone saying happy new year. We have had a lot of changes lately and our family will grow this year with Lanie and Jenny's babies. I have been asked to take the Sargents exam at work. Rick said he has a surprise for me in the next Nikki Heat book which he has almost finished.
I'm so happy with how my life has turned out with such great family and friends around me.

Authors note...
This is the end, thank you for reading. I hope you enjoyed this book. It is one of the longest books I have written and it has taken me so many years as life has gotten in the way. Thank you for sticking with this story, I hope you liked it. It meant a lot to me the reads and comments, it wasn't the best book but I have had fun writing it.