Chapter 44

Castle pov...

Alexis is turning 21 in a few days. She didn't want anything big for her birthday so we are having a dinner together. We haven't told her about all the people we invited as Lanie, Ryan, Espo, Gates, Martha, all the children, her friends Lauren, Haley, Rachel and Lacey, and the final person is her new boyfriend Danny.

We booked out a large table at the restaurant for us to all eat together. It's Alexis's favourite restaurant that we haven't been to in awhile so we decided it would be good to go there. Alexis knows we are having dinner there but thinks it's just Martha, Kate, Cosmo, Johanna, Hunter, me and her going and not everyone else.

I can't believe how old she is getting as I still clearly remember the day she was born and I held her for the first time. Our family is growing up so much and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Even though her birthday is in a few days we are doing the dinner tonight so that everyone could make it. We all get ready and in the car to go to the restaurant.

We arrive and are shown to the table where everyone else is sitting down. Alexis is shocked at everyone here but she is happy about it. We all say hello and sit down to order our food and drinks. We spend the meal having different conversations and sharing memories of Alexis.
After the dinner plates have been cleared away a few waitresses come out singing happy birthday and carrying a cake. They go over to Alexis to put the cake down and we all join in to finish the song.
Alexis looks at me and asks "really Dad?"
I smile and nod. The cake is handed out for everyone to enjoy, of course Johanna, Cosmo and Sarah-Grace have managed to get the cake all over their faces. Lacey and Hunter are a little young to eat the cake just yet.

After we have all finished and the talking has started to stop we decide it's time to head home especially because the children should be going to bed soon. Alexis says thank you to everyone for coming and that it was a great way to celebrate her birthday with the people who are most important to her.

Authors note...
Thank you for reading. Hope you enjoyed it, I know it want the best. Sorry for the wait but between writers block and not much free time it was hard to write. This is more of a filler chapter and I thought it would be good to have a different event.