Chapter 52

Beckett pov...

We get called into a case. We arrive at the scene to see the victim Lauren Doyle with a stab wound to her stomach. Lanie says "she would have bled out from this wound. The body has been moved as there is no blood on the ground"

Castle and I talk to the people around while Ryan and Espo look around for security cameras and canvas the scene.

We head back to the prescient to go over what information we know and set up the murder board. The victim is thirty years old, has a two year old daughter Libby and her husband Luca died one year ago from cancer.
We contact Lauren's parents who are her next of kin. They are heading into the prescient now with Libby as they were babysitting at the time.

Lauren's body had been dropped off from a black SUV that had been stolen, the car has since been dumped and set on fire so there will be no trace evidence or fingerprints left behind. Tori is going through security and street cameras to see if she can find who was in the car and where the murder happened.

Lauren's parents arrive, Ryan and I will talk to them. Castle is going to watch Libby while we talk.
Lauren was a teacher at a small daycare, there are three other teachers and they have up to fifteen children, Libby is one of them. Lauren focused her life on work and family. Since Luca died Lauren spent most of her time with her parents and Libby, she wasn't ready to start dating again.
Her parents don't know of any trouble or arguments that Lauren had, they don't see why anyone would want to hurt her.
We thank her parents for their time and they take Libby home. They have custody of Libby as they are the only living relatives.

Espo says "I think I found something, Lauren was struggling financially she had no money to pay for the bills after treatment and funeral costs for Luca. She barely had enough money to pay for everything she needs. Until a few weeks ago when some of the bills started getting paid, amounts of money that Lauren wouldn't have earned"
We trace the money back to a loan shark. We figure out who gave the money and check his record. Assault, and deadly weapon charges against him.

We track him down and bring him in, his house has signs of blood on the floor. He is arrested and brought into the prescient and into an interrogation room. He admits that he killed her, he claims that they were fighting about the money and it got heated. He pulled out a knife and Lauren stepped forward into the knife. He covered it up and dropped the body hoping to get away with it.