Chapter 50

Castle pov...

Kate and I wake up to a loud cry, I look at the time to see the clock say 12:14 am, we quickly get up and head to the twins room. Both Johanna and Cosmo are standing in their cribs both covered in vomit. We get them out and go straight to the bathroom, we give them a bath and into a clean change of clothes. I change the sheets in the cribs before we lie the twins back in their beds. Kate goes to get a thermometer to check if they have a fever. Bith the twins are currently asleep, I stand there waiting for Kate but I hear another scream cry and head to Hunter's room. I pick him up and he vomits all over him and myself. Kate walks in and laughs, she takes Hunter so I can change.

I get back and see Kate in the twins room, Hunter is in clean clothes too. Kate says "all three of them have a high temperature, nothing to bad but if it gets higher than we will need to take them to hospital"

Johanna starts to cry before vomiting all over herself again. I hear Cosmo start to cry so I pick him up and take him to the bath, Kate brings in Hunter. I go and get Johanna and we have the three of the sitting in the bath. I turn on the shower onto hot so that the room will fill with steam which is meant to help with sickness. We get Johanna out off her vomit covered clothes and sit her back in the bathtub. Kate gets cold flannels which we can hold on their foreheads for little bits at a time. I get the Pamol and give the right dose to the three of them. Once they have all calmed down and start looking tired we get them back into their beds.

We spend all night watching over the three of them. They don't throw up anymore during the night but wake up and cry for most of the night. Rick and I take turns dealing with the kids. We both stay in the twins room, we moved Hunter into their room for the night to make it easier. There is a rocking chair which we take turns with sleeping or at least trying to sleep.

Beckett pov...
I leave Castle with the kids while I go into work. We have a current case so I will go sort out the boys and talk to Gates about giving Castle and I time off.
I get to the prescient and the boys haven't arrived yet so I go straight to Gates office, I will give the boys some orders and will try to work from home with Castle but we both have the time off until the kids are all better. I finish in Gates office and head out to see the boys have arrived. Espo asks "you alright Beckett?"
I nod and say "yeah just been a long night, Johanna, Cosmo and Hunter are sick and awake most of the night"
I explain what's happening with the case and to keep me in the loop before leaving. I grab some coffees and food for Castle and I before heading home.

I get home and see that all four of them are asleep. I clean up and put the washing on from last night. I head back to the twins room to see Rick rocking Johanna and Cosmo standing in his cot. I get Cosmo and once they are both calm they seem wide awake so we put them on the floor to play for a little bit.
I check their temperatures and Hunters is slightly high but Cosmo and Johanna's are both normal. We spend the day watching, playing, trying to get some sleep and managing the few times they vomit.

Martha and Alexis come over with some dinner and to help us a some more so that Castle and I get a rest.
We spend another night with them being awake and crying but no more vomiting.
The day we all spend sleeping, I think the kids are feeling better and are sleeping to get over the sickness and catch up on the sleep they lost. Castle and I make the most of them sleeping while catching up on sleep ourselves.