Chapter 42

Beckett pov...

Lanie and I decided to spend the day at my place watching movies instead of both being bored at home alone. Our babies could come at anytime now so we are playing a sort of wait game.
The boys are at work, they don't have a case yet so it's just paperwork but they can normally come home early.

We just finished a movie so get up to make some lunch, I hear Lanie cry out and turn to see her waters break. I say "we need to get you to hospital"
She nods and says "call the boys and they can take us"
I nod and call them before grabbing our stuff to meet the boys. I ask "have you been having contractions?"
She nods and says "they weren't bad so I didn't think much of it"
I feel a kick so put my hand on my bump just as I get a sharp pain through my body. When it stops I laugh and Lanie asks "what?"
I say "I know our children will be best friends especially when they are born on the same day"
She asks "are you having contractions now too"
I nod and she smiles.

The boys meet us and we get in the car, Espo asks "you never said on the phone, who's having the baby now?"
We both laugh and Rick says "you both are right?"
We nod and he says "Alexis and mother have the twins and will bring them when we want them"

We arrive at the hospital and are taken directly to the delivery unit. Espo and Lanie go into one room and Rick and I go in another.
The pain gets much worse and then I know it's time to push, I keep pushing when I am told until I hear the scream and look to see the doctor with our baby who says "congratulations Katherine a beautiful boy"
I smile and Rick kisses me on the head and says "well done babe"
Our boy is cleaned and checked over before being passed over to me. I hold him with Rick taking a photo before the doctor takes a photo of the three of us. Rick says "he's perfect just like his mother"
I smile and say "yeah he is"

We get taken to another room for rest and I'm sharing with Lanie who is being brought in at the same time. My dad, Martha, Alexis, Johanna, Cosmo, Ryan, and Jenny all arrive and join us in the room.
I look over at Lanie who smiles before saying "I'd like you to meet our baby girl Lacey Kate Esposito"
I smile and say "beautiful name"
Everyone else agrees and she looks over at me so I say "we'd like you to meet our baby boy Hunter Alex Castle"
They all like the name and we let everyone take turns holding the new additions to our families.
A doctor comes in and takes a photo of all of us together so we can look back at it. We also get a photo of Rick, Johanna, Cosmo, Alexis, Martha, my dad and I so that we can have our small family in a photo too.

Author's note...
I'm so sorry for the long wait. I haven't been that inspired to write lately and things have gotten hectic. I have my last day of high school tomorrow and then my exams in the following week. I'm not sure when I will write next it depends on if I can find any time.