Chapter 56

Castle pov...

It's Kate's birthday today and we have the day off. Kate is still sleeping so I get up and cook some pancakes and bacon with enough to feed everyone. Alexis gets up and helps getting Cosmo, Johanna and Hunter up and dressed. We wall go into the bedroom to give Kate breakfast in bed. The kids wanted to join up so the twins sit on the ground next to the bed to eat while I hold Hunter. Alexis sits on the corner of the bed. We finish and I clean up while Kate gets ready.
I give Johanna and Cosmo a present to give Kate and I carry two presents one from me and one from Hunter. We give them to her and the presents were a necklace, earrings, clothes and a book. Alexis gives her a photo album she had made with photos of us all from over the years.

We play and have some time to relax for a few hours before Kate is going to lunch with her dad. I am staying home and will put the kids down for a nap.

Once Kate gets back, I have the car packed and we are going to the beach. We are meeting Lanie, Espo, Ryan, Jenny and their kids.
We play in the sand attempting to build sandcastles and splashing each other in the shallow ocean.
We sit down on the blanket set up and I get the cake from the car, I light the candle for Kate to blow out before we cut it and everyone has some. The kids manage to get it all over themselves so we clean them up and change their clothes. We stay for a little while before saying goodbye and heading home.

We play some games with the kids and watch some nursery rhymes shows. Mom shows up to help Alexis out with watching Johanna, Cosmo and Hunter for the night while I take Kate out for dinner.

We get ready and head out to the restaurant, we have a nice meal with good conversation and celebrate her birthday.

We finish and head home to Mom with Alexis watching a movie as the Johanna, Cosmo and Hunter are asleep. We say thank you for watching them before heading to bed.
Kate says "thanks babe for such a great day, I loved it"