Chapter 40

Beckett pov...

I head out to the scene where Lanie is examining the body and says "53 year old female was beaten to death with a rounded object"

She looks up and says "Espo has the ID and wallet, Ryan and Castle are looking around the place and talking to possible witnesses".

I ask "Are you okay? You look a little pale"
She nods and says "it's just the baby, I've been feeling a little sick more often now"
I nod and say "I'm going through the same thing, I think it might be time to go on leave soon"
Lanie smiles and says "yeah I'm only staying for a few more weeks before my maternity leave, I am waiting for the replacement to come"
I say "yeah, I'm probably going to do the same thing, I'm only going to work till just over the six months mark so I have time at home with the twins and more time to rest before this little one comes"
Lanie says "yeah, Javi is worried about me with all the chemicals and smells down in the morgue and if it will affect the baby, it won't but I will leave around the same time as you, just before I reach the seven months mark"

Castle comes over and says "we found something, the vic is Alice Wayfair. She lives a few blocks away and has been seen going into the bar just down the road. The bar is mainly for members of the LGBT community".
Lanie says "could it be a hate crime then"
I say "I hope not, they are just being who they want to be. I don't get why people don't accept that just because they are different"
Castle says "yeah, it's who they are some people need to respect that"

Lanie finishes up at the scene before heading to the morgue. Ryan and Espo continue to canvas more and see if they can find anything in the files.
Castle and I head to the bar to see what information we can get on Alice. We learn that she was close friends with a few of the people in the bar and her sister Emma runs the bar.

We finish up talking to them and head into the precinct and add the new information to the murder board Ryan and Espo started.

It takes a few days but we realise that the killer got the wrong sister, Emma owed the wrong people money and when they couldn't get it they tried to kill her but because the sisters looked alike the killer got Alice instead. We track down the people who Emma owed money to and it turned out they were new members in a gang who showed their loyalty by killing someone who didn't pay back what they owed. They admit who did it and we find the the guy Terry Brooks and he gets sent to booking.

Authors note...
Sorry for the delay and late chapter. I feel like I say like a lot but I am actually really busy so I don't get much time to write anymore.
It's not the best chapter but I wanted to post something. Sorry end of the chapter was written quickly as I wanted to post something.