Chapter 51

Beckett pov...

Castle and I have a week off from work so we are heading to the Hamptons. We invited Martha, Alexis and my dad to come with us. This is Hunter's first visit to the Hamptons, we took the twins but we haven't had much time in the last year for a getaway.

We unload all our stuff and set the portacots up for the kids to sleep in. My dad arrives next and Martha and Alexis pull up next and put their bags away in their rooms.

We have some lunch before going for a walk along the beach. I carry Hunter and the twins walk with us. We get to a nice part of the sand and sit down so we can play in the sand and build sandcastles. Hunter likes to squish the sand in his hand or try to each it. Cosmo and Johanna are racing each other to sit in the sandcastles to smash them. It's too cold to go swimming but the kids stand at the edge of the water getting wet feet when the waves goes over their feet. Alexis helps Hunter to stand in the water so he can join in with their brother and sister.
We walk for a bit more before going home. We spend the rest of the day mucking around and playing.

The week seems to fly by. We walk around town, spend time at the park, go swimming, play games, watch movies, picnics on the beach. My dad and Martha also watched the kids for a day so that Rick and I could have some time alone together.

We have a good time away and get to spend some quality family time. No manger what job we have this time is always important and especially with jobs like ours it is good to get away from all the horror and death and make some happy memories. I always think what it would be like to have my mom here with me but I feel like she is watching and supporting me.